Scanmar 35

willtaylor

Visit site
The search for a bigger boat continues. I have looked at a Scanmar 35 and am impressed. All comments suggest she is 'easily handled by one or two people'. She seems powerful and well made. The accommodation is very good and most other aspects of the boat seem well made. Is there anyone out there who knows, who has information, experience or opinions?

I have not been able to locate a review or test report other than a brief recommendation in a ST group wrapped round a SH review of Moody 33.

Regards to you all

Will Taylor

gus

www.whysuffer.co.uk
A friend of mine had one and he'll probably be contacting you if I know him. Due to circumstances beyond his control he had to sell it. Cracker of a boat which I always thought was a bit undervalued. The only downside was the Volvo saildrive which seems to be problematic. Scanmar 35 is seemingly quite rare unfortunately, so you may have a bit of difficulty locating one for sale. If you can manage a bit of natural envy the current owners of the aforementioned boat are doing the blue water rally and have a very good web site at http://www.sulmar.com/ which describes the boat and the adventures.

Danny

www.compasscard.co.uk
Hi Will
See my post on YM forum. Excellent choice. Also look at Sulmar web site. The previous owners bought a Mood 40 after having Sulmar for 10 years and when they were on board a year later made the comment 'welcome back Sulmar all is forgiven'.
Danny