Saturdays trip out. Random photos..

z1ppy

Visit site
Well our boating season hasn't exactly gone to plan this year with glorious week day weather when we are working and windy weekend weather when we are able to get out..

So with low expectations we set off on Saturday to see what we could find..

DSC00831.jpg

So far, despite reservations and expecting to have to queue, the lock has not presented us any delays and its great having fuel in the marina so i can fill up the boat before going out.

DSC00832.jpg

local traffic. sad i know but scale of container ships amazes me. this is a relative baby but look at the scale against the MOBO in the foreground

DSC00834.jpg

cheesy selfie...

DSC00838.jpg

the sun was shining but the wind was building already.

DSC00881.jpg

These guys had just finished the first race of the day..

DSC00922.jpg

stopped for a spot of lunch.

The light ship is a great place to watch the world go by and i was VERY impressed with lunch!!

Trinitys at the lightship. http://www.trinitysatthelightship.co.uk/

DSC00924.jpg

nice boat, shame about the uneven fenders...

DSC00925.jpg

looks so tranquil

DSC00941.jpg

heading out for race 2

not easy taking pics with our little point and shoot when we are bouncing all over the place!

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

DSC01000.jpg

And thats where the photos stop as it was rather lumpy coming back, great for rough water helming practice, not so great for building confidence for SWMBO..

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

Home after a wash down and refuel...

Last edited:

rafiki_

Visit site
Great pics Howard, many thanks. Yes, the weather has not been too helpful this weekend. Hopefully better next as we have an armada going up to Bristol for the harbour festival.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Great photos, recognised Haslar, quite right about the lightship (Trinity's), great food and a real joy to have it back in good hands. Had Sunday lunch there myself this weekend.

Lovely rib.

Henry :)

z1ppy

Visit site
Will take my Iron down next time:D They are actually really difficult to get a decent fit and still get access to the fresh water flush point.

really pleased with the boat so far, less so about the limited use but hey ho, thats life..

for us the 8.1 works perfectly, there is loads of storage so we dont have to worry about limiting what we pack as we have with other ribs. for example we have a dry bag with all our waterproofs and warm clothes that we just put in the huge bow locker, it means that even when its shorts and t shirt weather (wishful thinking) we are covered for when the rain comes in! We can also take a huge picnic hamper and of course the compulsory box of wine..... i managed to track down a refillable wine bag so we can take our preferred tipple without having to worry about bottles on the boat...

its just right for the two of us, we generally dont have passengers with us so the set up is spot on. Just need a minor mod to one of the hand holds as its a bit far away for SWMBO but aside from that, couldn't ask for more...

Ian, St Vaast is possible in September but depends on dates, i am already committed to travelling for a couple of weeks (weekends) in September but if you let me know dates, would be great.