Sanda Island

AndCur

Visit site
Folks

I am planning a Cruise at the start of July and am thinking of visiting Sanda. From
the cruising guides there don't seem to be any visitor moorings here yet. So we will need to anchor. Is the holding good or is dragging gong to be a problem also is the sea bed sand,mud or weed. Where else in the Clyde is worth a visit.

Andrew

<hr width=100% size=1>

starboard

Visit site
I regulary visit Sanda from my base in Troon. No visitors moorings but the holding is good on clean sand with the odd patch of weed. Anchor off the old jetty in about 5 metres or less depending on tide/draught. The bay is open to the north but having been there in a North F5-6 was suprised how litlle swell comes into bay, probably due strong cross tides!! in the Sound of Sanda...bewareof these. The only danger on approach is a rock on the starboard side but this is marked by a gren perch. The pilot book shows rocks in the middle of the bay but these are further to the east than shown and should not be a factor. Your host ashore is Richard, he has done wonders with the pub, serves not a bad pint of Arran ale and his eggs are brilliant...indeed Princess Anne poped in a few weeks ago with here yacht to purchasea dozen. As for other areas of the Clyde there are numerous...the best cruising grounds in the world. PM me ifyou require more info.

Have a great trip.

Paul.

<hr width=100% size=1>

cliff

Visit site
Concur with S'brd re Sanda, also thine host will pick you up from your boat and return you later so you don't need the tender - good thinking after a few gallons of Arran's best Ale - dear, dear, did I say gallons - I meant pints - honest! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

As for the Clyde and places to go, where to start ( Troon Cruising Club plan a club cruise to Sanda 3/4 July (or so I am lead to believe) so it might be a little busy.

Other places. the Kyles of Bute, East Loch Tarbert, Rothsay, Mill Port, Arran (Loch Ranza, Bridick, Lamlash & Holy Isle) Etc Etc.. Why not pop into Troon and meet up for a dram or two? I plan to be off myself second week in July (if I can get all "repairs" finished in the first week)

<hr width=100% size=1>
hammer.thumb.gif
Stay put when I hit you!