Sand/grit blasting in Essex. Any ideas/contacts?

vertford

Visit site
My antifouling and topsides are looking pretty grim, so I was thinking of getting them all blasted clean and startaw from scratch. Saw a boat next to mine that had been done with sand/grit and looked good.

Anybody any contacts/tips for a reputable outfit on the East Coast?

Thanks.

Stork_III

Visit site
My antifouling and topsides are looking pretty grim, so I was thinking of getting them all blasted clean and startaw from scratch. Saw a boat next to mine that had been done with sand/grit and looked good.

Thanks.
It is done regularly at Shotley, soda not grit is what you want. Speak to Martin in the workshop (SMS), if Shotley is convenient to you.

vertford

Visit site
Sorry, I should have said one of those mobile outfits as she is sitting on the hard.

What is the difference between soda and grit? Is grit what I call sand.

Thanks for input sofar.

DanTribe

Visit site

Thanks.

Blast-it from Danbury has a mobile unit and regularly visits boat yards in Essex. Very experienced with yacht work and careful with the safety aspects.
01245 223478.
He doesn't have a slick sales operation though.

Cantata

Visit site
Thanks.
Antifoul Removal Company http://www.theantifoulremoval.co.uk/ have a unit based near Stansted. Just used them, seem to have done a good job and not too expensive (compared with other quotes I had).