Sailing through Irish waters (Covid regs)

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Hello,
what kind of regulations would be applicable if one wanted to sail through Irish territorial waters without stopping, sort of "innocent passage", sometimes during the next few weeks? EU national, the idea is to sail direct from France, turn around Fastnet rock and head back.
Would a Covid test be compulsory? What type of test would they require and what sort of delay, 48, 72h?
Also, what if weather turns bad and one chooses to anchor somewhere along the South Ireland coast, remain onboard while waiting for better conditions then sail back without putting foot on land?
Any authority/Coast Guard to contact by VHF while approaching?
thanks

LouisBrowne

Visit site
I looked into this recently because I was planning to do a cruise to Dingle in June / July. You need a negative Covid test not more than two days old when you enter the Republic and you must self isolate for 14 days. Self isolation would not be a problem for you but the Covid test would be tricky.
If I were planning such a quick visit without setting foot on land I think I would just go for it, depending, of course, on the regulations back at home.

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
depending, of course, on the regulations back at home.
They are slowly being loosened; as a curiosity, during one of this winter lockdowns there was a 10km movement limit around one's place of residence: it was explicitly permitted to go sailing but any contact with land had to be within the 10km limit (provided one did not call at any foreign port), one could have gone round the world non-stop provided he then came back into France at his home port :)