Sailing a First 27.7 - amazing fun!

Halcyon Yachts

www.halcyonyachts.com
I am just back from delivering a Beneteau First 27.7 from Ramsgate to Beaulieu. No wind to start off with and then building from the East... It was gusting 25kts by the time we reached the Solent. A fabulous boat and an amazing sail!

Here is a short 360 VR video that I took along the way...

I hope you enjoy it.

Pete

Last edited:

A1Sailor

Visit site
I am just back from delivering a Beneteau First 27.7 from Ramsgate to Beaulieu. No wind to start off with and then building from the East... It was gusting 25kts by the time we reached the Solent. A fabulous boat and an amazing sail!

Here is a short 360 VR video that I took along the way...

I hope you enjoy it.

Pete

Wow. Fantastic advert for Beneteau.:encouragement: Do they pay you for posing on the forum?

PS Bump. Anything to help struggling marine companies maximise their promotional budget.
WinWin.;)

Last edited:

Ceirwan

Visit site
Wow. Fantastic advert for Beneteau.:encouragement: Do they pay you for posing on the forum?

PS Bump. Anything to help struggling marine companies maximise their promotional budget.
WinWin.;)

Beneteau don't even sell the 27.7 any more, so I can't imagine this will net them many sales.

Daydream believer

Visit site

I attached to the wrong quote. That was careless of me & I owe you an apology

I just feel blatant advertising by Halcyon Yacht Deliveries on the forum is wrong.

As I understand it advertising on the forum is banned but they seem to get away with it by posting videos with their name plastered over it as we can see above

Last edited:

flaming

Visit site
To be accused of denigrating the Bendy Toy First line is a bit harsh. I think Bendy toy have to take some of the hit on that for their recent offerings

Nothing left to denigrate anyway, they've left that market sector.

Skylark

Visit site
Your 360 videos are getting better.

Here is a short 360 VR video that I took along the wat

I hope you enjoy it.

Pete

........in the eye of the beholder and all of that.......

I'm afraid that the video isn't at all to my taste. Awful perspective. Looks like a horror movie. The stern of a bendy toy melting away in the sun!

C08

Visit site

I just feel blatant advertising by Halcyon Yacht Deliveries on the forum is wrong.

As I understand it advertising on the forum is banned but they seem to get away with it by posting videos with their name plastered over it as we can see above

There is an awful lot of "commercial" posting going on. Similarly, much as I enjoy Dylan's posts I have an uncomfortable feeling that some post are there just to generate responses and that we are just a part of the DW marketing strategy.

A hard one deciding where the line is drawn? Having said that if I had a commercial marine based venture I would probably try and sneak it in under the radar.

roblpm

Visit site
There is an awful lot of "commercial" posting going on. Similarly, much as I enjoy Dylan's posts I have an uncomfortable feeling that some post are there just to generate responses and that we are just a part of the DW marketing strategy.

A hard one deciding where the line is drawn? Having said that if I had a commercial marine based venture I would probably try and sneak it in under the radar.

I haven't see dylan posting for ages?! I really think they add rather than detract from the forum. Forums need content.

RobF

Visit site
I haven't see dylan posting for ages?! I really think they add rather than detract from the forum. Forums need content.

Couldn't agree more. Otherwise we're just going to have the same old posts about anchors and whether a 36' boat is too big to sail single handed.

roblpm

Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Otherwise we're just going to have the same old posts about anchors and whether a 36' boat is too big to sail single handed.

Ps. Wondering about my next boat. Is 36 feet too big to singlehand?

wotayottie

Visit site

Dont be so miserable. Wrong? Thats a bit moralistic /judgemental isnt it? Not your forum anyway.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Dont be so miserable. Wrong? Thats a bit moralistic /judgemental isnt it? Not your forum anyway.

Well let's see if the moderators continue to allow it then shall we!!
There has to be a limit otherwise we could be over run by blatant adverts.
Those from people helping forumites with a problem could be acceptable perhaps.
How far do you think advertising should be allowed?
Do you want far eastern companies offering cheap deck chairs, or plastic models of boats, along with "pigeon english" wording for embellishment?
That would be interesting in the middle of a thread- or would it?
Some forumites already use add blockers to eliminate adverts around the page so I am not sure that they would be happy with them in the prose a well