Sadler 290 - Holding Tank

kaal

Visit site
Anybody out there got a Sadler 290 with a holding tank fitted?

I want to retro fit one, but unsure of the best place to locate it, and what make of tank would be best.

Any advice gratefully received.

Tranona

Visit site
Can't help specifically, but I guess your first port of call is Hillyards who seem to be taking over production of the 290. It is usually easier to retrofit the oE tank if they have one.

Otherwise you are into designing your own. The choices are gravity tanks - common in mass produced boats, or pumped sytems. The you have a choice of custom or standard tanks. Finally material choice.

Plastic is most common and for custom tanks TeKTanks will make to your design. You can also get standard size gravity tanks from Vetus and pumped systems from Vetus or Jabsco/Cleghorn Waring.

TekTanks and Lee Sanitaion produce good material on design of holding tank systems.

Hope this helps.

anniebray

Visit site
Yes I have a Sadler 290 fitted OE with a holding tank which is located under the foward cabin berth, Port side. Don't know offhand what make it is. I shall be aboard next Monday PM at Marchwood YC so will find out then & inform you. I will be down there until Tues PM because I plan to fit a rope cutter & Kiwi prop on the club slip.

kaal

Visit site
Brilliant!, look forward to hearing from you.

Would also be interested to hear how you get on with the Kiwi prop. I am thinking of changing mine to a 3 bladed feathering type - bit disillusioned with the standard 2 bladed folder.

Habebty

Visit site
I also would be interested in how you get on with your prop and rope cutter. Do you have the Selva saildrive leg? Which rope cutter are you going for?

cheers
Pete

anniebray

Visit site
Hi Pete ! I have the Yanmar 3GM30 saildrive. The rope cutter is made by Ambassador Marine & I believe they make the only cutter available for saildrives. The fixed blade has a spigot welded to it which engages with a cap screw on the leg which it can reach because the anode (Genuine Yanmar) is modified. Ambassador supply the modified anodes for £20. I seem to remember you have to pay about £100 for Selva anodes ! Rgds, Richard