Sadler 290 get together next spring

Are any Sadler 290 owners interested in an informal rally next spring? It’s something which was mentioned here some time ago by John, (owner of A-Jay who went round Britain in 2015) for this year just gone, but it didn’t come to anything:

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?436991-Calling-all-Sadler-290-s

Next year he is planning a trip up to the Baltic, and therefore we wondered about getting together either before or just after he sets off. The options therefore are Easter (15 – 16 April) in St Peter Port or the early May bank holiday (29 – 30 April) in the Solent.

Please let me know if you are interested, together with the dates / location you prefer, preferable by PM with an e-mail address. If you are aware of any 290 owners who don’t use Scuttlebutt, please let them know.

Many thanks

Tommo290

Visit site
Sounds like an idea but I am based on the East Coast as are several other 290's. I would consider meeting other Owners just for a chat but come to the location by road, at least that would give us the opportunity to swop ideas etc. Work commitments mean it's not possible to do long passages at present.
Alan Thomas
Sadler 290 "Lottie"

Habebty

Visit site
Bit early in the season for me as I am saving my sailing pass for Ostende Voor Anchor at the end of May. A Solent trip would be a good seven days singlehanded.
A separate East Coast meet would be good, say Fox,s :) in August :)

anniebray

Visit site
I would be interested in either meets but would prefer the Solent at that time of year. You'd be welcome at Marchwood YC up Southampton Water if that suits. We'll be appointing a new caterer in 2017 & there's even talk of fitting shore power on our pontoons ! Beer is still £2/pint !! Marchwood has easy access to M3 & M27 for those who might join us by road. I would offer accomodation afloat as would others I'm sure & there is even a nearby Motel called Pilgrims Inn.
Cariad 290