RYA Web Site - What happens now.

asteven221

Visit site
According to the RYA website - "To extend the derogation for a further period, the UK Government must inform the European Commission and provide information in support in the first half of 2005." As we have got just tomorrow left for the government to inform the Commission I can't see anything anywhere to say whether or not they have done. Does anyone know? If they haven't does that mean that were stuffed?

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Despite the nice noises from the government at meetings with the boating industry, I reckon we are probably stuffed.
Given all else that is going on ref Europe, I frankly this there is no awareness of this problem at any level that matters.
The problem will dawn on them late and they will try to sort out the mess they have created ... the more I see of government and its abilities to do anything well, the more I despair.

LeytonC

Visit site
Yes, i did get a reply the other day - and she basicaly said she cannot find anything out - has any else had any luck????

LeytonC

Visit site
The whole letter was pants - i sort of lost my will to live after reading it, but i will give it another go, suggest everyone does the same, anyone here in Phoney B Liars area????

drewstwos

Visit site
I did write to the RYA and the reply I got indicated that the GOV actually has until mid next year to make its mind up.... finally. I am considering buying a largish twin diesel but am now not sure. I have found out however that it is quite likely that Southern Ireland will not be involved, the same as the Channel Islands,, so there may well be cheap fuel obtainable there, I am thinking in the several hundred gallons a fill. That would last me most of the season cruising in the Irish sea area,