Route & Waypoints Standard Horizon CP180

Nina Lucia

Visit site
We are about to sail from Medway to Solent- Langston Harbour.

Inputting route and waypoints it’s so tedious in to Standard Horizon CP180i, I have tried with the laptop, but route and waypoints can be seen only on laptop, when put c-card back into Standard Horizon it’s not there anymore...
Do I need to buy a user card?
We have sailed that route before and this will be first time with the chart ploter as a back up if I manage to set up...

chubby

www.flickr.com
I have the SH CP300 and have given up inputting the lat and long of waypoints from almanacs etc and put in visual waypoints on the plotter, zooming in the ensure no dangers etc, avoids errors in copying the lat and long and avoids the possibility of others using the same waypoints and converging on the same spot or actually hitting marks etc, seems very straight forward on the plotter.

tom52

Visit site
Yes you need User Card for transferring data between your PC and your plotter.

The C Card cannot be written to it is the read only chart card.

The routes waypoints etc you create on your PC are stored in the memory of your PC which overlays them onto the chart you are displaying on the PC from your C Card.
When return the C Card back into your plotter the routes/waypoints are still in the memory of your PC. Nothing is or can be written to the C Card

To transfer the routes/waypoints to the memory of you plotter so that it will overlay them onto the chart you need a User Card.

You download the created route from your PC memory to the User Card then you take the User Card to your Plotter and upload to plotter's memory from the User Card.

Leighb

Visit site
To transfer waypoints and routes from PC to the plotter you need the user card, the C-Map card is read only so you cannot edit it. Any routes etc you enter on the plotter are stored there, not on the card, this is important if you need to run an update, as it will wipe out all your routes and any changes you have made to port settings etc. The user card can be used to save all this data.

It is fairly easy to do once you have the hang of it, although not exactly intuitive!

I agree with chubby that I mostly put them in visually rather than typing in lat long - it is so easy to mistype and put a waypoint miles out. :(

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Inputting route and waypoints it’s so tedious in to Standard Horizon CP180i

No it's not!

7.0 CREATING A NEW MARK USING THE CHART PAGE (P 43 of User Guide)
1. Move the ShuttlePoint knob to the desired or approx. Lat/Lon and press [MARK].
2. You will notice a Mark is placed under the location of the Cursor and a popup window is shown with the exact Lat/Lon of the Mark.
3. If the position is incorrect press [ENT], select EDIT using the ShuttlePoint knob and press [ENT], allowing you to change the position, Mark name, icon type and color of the icon.

Nina Lucia

Visit site
User C-card just arived, tomorrow I will try to transfer routes and waypoints to it and than to Standard horizon plotter...