Round the world in a barrel

jimi

Visit site
If I started rolling at the North Pole would it keep going downhill untill I reached the south pole or would I be better surfing the tidal hump around the Southern Ocean?

jamesjermain

Visit site
Why not give it a try, Jimi. Even if you don't roll downhill, in a year or two you could ride the hump of the tides round the Northern Ocean /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
barrel.jpg

Cruiser2B

Visit site
Naw, Earth's an oblate spheroid so you have to start at the Equator and roll down to one of the poles. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ShipsWoofy

Visit site
Taking your turn in the barrel at sea has other connotations, are your quite sure you want to pursue this endeavour?

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Re: Round the world in a barrel - handy tip

Here's a handy tip, Jimi - don't attach an anvil to your feet . . .

[ QUOTE ]
CHARLES STEPHENS, AN English barber with eleven children, became the second veteran stunter to test the (Niagara) falls, on July 11, 1920. The fifty-eight-year-old Stephens, who had challenged death several times in his life, once shaving someone in a cage full of lions, arrived in Canada with a four-hundred-pound barrel made of Russian oak bound with iron hoops. Rumors that the authorities would try to stop him turned out to be untrue; instead the mayor of Niagara Falls, Ontario, dropped by to wish him well.

Stephens made the mistake of attaching an anvil to his feet, and when the barrel went over the falls, he shot out the end. Only a few staves and a tattooed right arm attached to a strap were ever found.

[/ QUOTE ]
<span style="color:white"> ....................................................... </span>
barrel2.jpg

Other threads that may be of interest