Ron Hale Marine

[2068]

Visit site
... are normally pretty good.
But maybe Tuesdays are an off day?

"Hi, I'm after the end adapter for a Quicksilver inflatable pump".

"Well, you need to know which one. They're all different".

"Errm, I have the part number from the catalog for the three adapters in a kit. Do you have that in stock?"

"No. Sorry I can't help you. Click". :confused: :confused: :confused:
The phone goes dead.

Then I put through an order on Seamark Nunn instead.
Business must be booming :)

Last edited:

Firefly625

Visit site
... are normally pretty good.
But maybe Tuesdays are an off day?

"Hi, I'm after the end adapter for a Quicksilver inflatable pump".

"Well, you need to know which one. They're all different".

"Errm, I have the part number from the catalog for the three adapters in a kit. Do you have that in stock?"

"No. Sorry I can't help you. Click". :confused: :confused: :confused:
The phone goes dead, and I put through an order on Seamark Nunn instead.
Business must be booming :)

...it must be good! or you got the trainee with a hangover?

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
I have only dealt with them once and never again, I once traded in an AX400 and mariner 3.3 all of which I bought new, I bought from them an Avon 310 and mariner 15hp , after we collected the new rig I got a very stroppy phone call from Ron Hale Junior say id sold him a dinghy that had a hole in it and the outboard was corroded and a year older, yet he had every opportunity to inspect our trade in as we had left it with him 1 week prior to collecting the new rig, perhaps thats how they train there staff and is the answer to your phone call david.

Giblets

Visit site
I did deal with them a few years ago when I had the RIB and would agree that the telephone manner can be a bit "short". In the flesh, however, no problems.

jfm

Visit site
Yes deal who I deal with, bhg marine in Lymington.

BHG seem very good Paul. I bought a RIB and Yamaha off them some years ago, all ok. But these days you have to be content to pay their prices if you want to shop there. Their best price for the 4.1m Avon and Yam50 that I bought as a tender late last year was £1000+ higher than other suppliers, ie 10% or so, so I don't shop there any more :)

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
BHG seem very good Paul. I bought a RIB and Yamaha off them some years ago, all ok. But these days you have to be content to pay their prices if you want to shop there. Their best price for the 4.1m Avon and Yam50 that I bought as a tender late last year was £1000+ higher than other suppliers, ie 10% or so, so I don't shop there any more :)

Hi John hope all well, I have done some good deals with David, ( one of the owners) he resides down at Bucklers Hard most of the time, thats where I go for my kit.

Was at the folly Sat/sun to see old Bravheart pass by the Phantom 42 you had.

jfm

Visit site
Hi John hope all well, I have done some good deals with David, ( one of the owners) he resides down at Bucklers Hard most of the time, thats where I go for my kit.

Was at the folly Sat/sun to see old Bravheart pass by the Phantom 42 you had.

Hi
I probably need to haggle harder then!

Blimey, the old P42 is a blast from the past. Sold that in november 2003. The current owner contacted me a while ago (about VAT status, of all things) but I've lost touch. I think it lives on UK south coast. Has a shiny Opacmare passerelle which is generally how you know which boat it is. It was a good boat. 63Ps, and I think it had 600h when we sold it

[2068]

Visit site
Quite happy to give benefit of any doubt, but it's quite hard to complete a transaction when someone has put the phone down on you.

[2068]

Visit site
Shouldn't have to!

A simple "No, it's not in stock, but if you give me the part number we can order it for you" would have done the job. I have no problem with taking a punt on a partnumber for a tenner, and use it as an ornament if I've ordered the wrong part.

I really wouldn't categorise myself as "difficult" customer :eek:

stelican

Visit site
Shouldn't have to!

A simple "No, it's not in stock, but if you give me the part number we can order it for you" would have done the job. I have no problem with taking a punt on a partnumber for a tenner, and use it as an ornament if I've ordered the wrong part.

I really wouldn't categorise myself as "difficult" customer :eek:

life is too short hope your sorted

[2068]

Visit site
Yup, agree! Hopefully it will turn up in the post tommorrow.

The previous pump adapter got run over by SWMBO with a flymo and ended up getting scattered over a fairly wide area in hundreds of pieces. Of course, that was my fault for dropping it on the lawn. I humbly apologised for allowing my things to be in a place where they could get destroyed by high speed rotating machinery, and removed the shrapnel as best I could :rolleyes: