Romney Lock - open or closed?

Merchandiser

Visit site
I have phoned the EA and the lady there assures me that it is opening today. I hope so as I am traveling down tomorrow to go through it.

Merchandiser

Visit site
Just spoken to Romney lock house and he has told me there is a window of 10am while 2pm opening tomorrow (Saturday) Then open again fully on Wed 11th.

gordontytler

Visit site
There was no mention of this on the EA website and it's not in the email I just received: "Issue six - Thames Lock Closures Investment Programme for 2014 to 2015". Next time I will check this forum.

No worries, hid my boat somewhere safe aIMAG4521.jpgnd will continue the journey next weekend.

Brightside

Visit site
I have now been advised that, although engineers are still on site, Romney lock is now back in service and boats are able to pass through.

Many thanks for the update. Appreciated. Do you know if this opening is now permanent? You say engineers are still on site?

Best wishes

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
At the last TNUF meeting I raised my concerns regarding lack of communications with regard to the extended closure of Romney Lock. The EA agreed to review their process for communicating with river users and this poster is a result - it will be displayed at all locks. Also, the information that it contains is now on the EA section of the .gov.uk website.

Note the third paragraph giving details of how to register for the email information service:
To receive this information, you can sign up to our email update service by emailing riverthames@environment-agency.gov.uk or go to www.gov.uk/river-thames-conditions-closures-restrictions-and-lock-closures#planned-lock-closures for the latest information
11045356_10206342044656153_6107301734630356517_o.jpg

Last edited: