RM 69 Toilet - repair or replace?

Groucho

Visit site
I have a Parker 275 fitted with the original rm69 marine toilet, but this now has a badly cracked valve/pump housing. I am told rm69 spares are now difficult to get. Does anyone have a good source or, failing that, should I replace with something currently produced and for which spares are available, like a Jabsco? Lava still come highly recommended but I am not sure there would be enough room for that, or a snazzy electric heads.

Sailing steve

Visit site
Seamark Nunn stock RM 69 spare parts. I bought a new pump assembly recently that they had on the shelf for about £90.

Replacing that was cheaper and a whole lot less hassle than fitting an entirely new head

jane444blue

Visit site
My friend got his fixed too last year with new pump, it's much nicer than Jabsco to pump. Think he got his at seamark nunn too will check

LiftyK

Visit site
I’ve spoken direct,y with the RM69 manufacturer in the past. They are very helpful.

Meanwhile I replaced my RM69 with the smaller of the two Jabsco toilets. At the time the Jabsco was much cheaper. Installation was very simple. I’ve a feeling three of the four mounting holes were reused. I know that doesn’t make sense but that’s what my memory tells me.

Both makes of toilet will serve you well.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
If you dispose of it, can I have the seat hinges, please?

But I have found the manufacturer somewhat communicative and I'd be surprised if spares are unavailable. Their spares seem more expensive than other brands' though.

Sailing steve

Visit site
I've bought replacement seat hinges for my RM69 from Seamark Nunn.

£6.99 a pair. If you soak the lid and seat in very hot water it softens the plastic slightly making them a doddle to fit