Retour a La Base

Bobc

Visit site
Pip and Romain match-racing home. Just 0.1nm between them and she's just gybed to cover him.

Clarisse is doing brilliantly, all things considered.

flaming

Visit site
Pip and Romain match-racing home. Just 0.1nm between them and she's just gybed to cover him.

Clarisse is doing brilliantly, all things considered.
You need to hover over the boats on the tracker once they're inside of the "finish circle". That gives 5 minute updates. Pip is about 4 miles ahead. But since seeing that video I'm less excited and more just concerned that Romain is ok.

Bobc

Visit site
You need to hover over the boats on the tracker once they're inside of the "finish circle". That gives 5 minute updates. Pip is about 4 miles ahead. But since seeing that video I'm less excited and more just concerned that Romain is ok.
She is now they've gybed for the line. Romain looks to have taken quite a knock.

matt1

Visit site
Looks like she is under tow from Fowey lifeboat :( At least the boat must still be afloat. Horrible development. Hope she is ok

matt1

Visit site
Update on her FB now. She ran aground but is fine. Unfortunately AIS showed her last position as doing 20kn before the grounding. I’m sure this is going to be a dreadful set back :( fingers crossed

matt1

Visit site
Encouraging signs…. Now showing as 12knts bspd and heading east up the Channel and doesn’t appear to be an RNLI boat around anymore

r_h

www.rupertholmes.co.uk
First reports sound promising, but still must have been a properly scary time
Speaking after the incident, Pip said: “I’m completely fine and on first assessment, there is minimal damage to Medallia. This just goes to show that accidents can happen to anyone – even those of us with lots of experience – and I’m grateful to the incredible volunteers at the Fowey RNLI and the swift action of the Coastguard this morning.”
More here: www.pbo.co.uk/news/pip-hares-medallia-runs-aground-off-st-austell-83341

dunedin

Visit site
First reports sound promising, but still must have been a properly scary time
Speaking after the incident, Pip said: “I’m completely fine and on first assessment, there is minimal damage to Medallia. This just goes to show that accidents can happen to anyone – even those of us with lots of experience – and I’m grateful to the incredible volunteers at the Fowey RNLI and the swift action of the Coastguard this morning.”
More here: www.pbo.co.uk/news/pip-hares-medallia-runs-aground-off-st-austell-83341
Oh dear. I hope she didn’t attempt that solo after a long race. Normally the solo sailor gets support crew on board immediately at the finish line, to drop the sails and take the boat onwards whilst the skipper rests and does media stuff.
Sadly there is a bit of a track record of wrecks on the few boats which have continued solo after a race or record attempt.

Ingwe

Visit site
It will be interesting to hear the full story as the AIS track has her going right into the west hand corner of Saint Austell bay, there aren't really any rocks in there so she would have virtually been on the beach if she hit land, but there are two large commercial mussel farms in that corner of the bay so she might have hit one of those?

eebygum

Visit site
It will be interesting to hear the full story as the AIS track has her going right into the west hand corner of Saint Austell bay, there aren't really any rocks in there so she would have virtually been on the beach if she hit land, but there are two large commercial mussel farms in that corner of the bay so she might have hit one of those?
Pip says she ended up on the beach !

Hopefully no significant damage done apart from to pride.