Resturant in Burnham on Crouch Marina.

PeterWright

Visit site
Hi j & m,

I agree with you re the RCYC, but not clear whether by BYC iyou mean the Royal Burnham Yacht Club or Burnham Sailing Club. As far as I'm aware, the BSC only do food for members and mostly on Wednesdays.

We do use Bellas, but don't consider it outstanding, we much preferred their prececessor on the same site, the Contented Sole but that's long gone.

Peter.

jon and michie

Visit site
Hi j & m,

I agree with you re the RCYC, but not clear whether by BYC iyou mean the Royal Burnham Yacht Club or Burnham Sailing Club. As far as I'm aware, the BSC only do food for members and mostly on Wednesdays.

We do use Bellas, but don't consider it outstanding, we much preferred their prececessor on the same site, the Contented Sole but that's long gone.

Peter.
Ah the Royal Burnham y c just before you get to the corinthian.
I remember bellas being really good when we had a tier system during lock down

Spanjaard

Visit site
Without a doubt, best restaurant-gastro-pub in town is the Oyster Smack.

The RCYC is also a very good choice. Fine food and you could book the first floor dinner room for the event, with fantastic views over the Crouch. It has a nice pontoon with room for 3/4 yachts and plenty of moorings. It has also accommodation with several rooms in the second floor, available for visitors to rent.

In the marina, the Swallowtail can hold private events; however, expect mainly cold snacks/sandwiches, or burgers and steaks. The typical food served after a funeral.

Another good choice would be the Ship Inn, located opposite the clocktower.

For an oriental touch, the Ruam serves very nice Thai food fairly priced, but venue is perhaps too small.

If the choice is Indian you could try Curry Cottage, the Polash and Mehek.

PeterWright

Visit site
+1 for the RCYC I think I mentioned them in my earlier post.

Last time I bottowed kne of theit mootings, the commodore came out in the club launch all dressed up in his DJ to fetch us ashore as the trot boat had packed jp for the evening.

Peter.

paris

Visit site
plenty of good places to eat in burnham but if you want a real adventure get the train one stop to Southminster and a short amble you will find the delights of Wibblers Brewery which do great food also, i would book to be sure they can accomdate you. and before getting the last train back pop into the Station arms for the old world pub experience. Top Nght

PeterWright

Visit site
Hi,

You won't have trouble getting into the Polash, when we walk past on a Friday or Saturday evening, on our way to one of the places I have recommended, they seem to have between 0 and 6 cudtomers dining, wheras you win't get into the good places ib Burnham if you don't book, that sums up the view of most locals on the Polash. While well provided for restaurants, Burnham, imho, lacks a good Indian. Visiting family last week, we enjoyed a great Indian dinner in one othe 20 or more on the main drag in Leicester, but that's not easy to access by sea.

Peter.

oldgit

Visit site
Thanks all contributions.
Rochester Cruising Club always organise a Easter Cruise.
Usually a choice .......Inshore or Offshore.
Offshore. Burnham on Crouch.
Inshore. St Kats.
Virtually the same distance away and fuel costs about the same.