Reprieve for small Calor cylinders

PeterBoater

Visit site
Hmm. An undated statement which crops up on Facebook and no link to Calor to substantiate it? Fake news I fear.
From Calor's own website:
"These gas bottles have been discontinued. We’d recommend switching to an alternative gas bottle within the exchange group. We will, subject to availability, continue to exchange and refill serviceable 3.9kg propane and 4.5kg butane cylinders, phasing them out of supply over a longer time. These cylinders will still be discontinued from our range, but this limited additional supply will give customers additional time to source an alternative way to power their onboard facilities. See here for more information."

Fear ye not.

jac

Visit site
From Calor's own website:
"These gas bottles have been discontinued. We’d recommend switching to an alternative gas bottle within the exchange group. We will, subject to availability, continue to exchange and refill serviceable 3.9kg propane and 4.5kg butane cylinders, phasing them out of supply over a longer time. These cylinders will still be discontinued from our range, but this limited additional supply will give customers additional time to source an alternative way to power their onboard facilities. See here for more information."

Fear ye not.
PBO reporting on Facebook that the Calor Press Office have confirmed.

Seems like it’s genuine- just a badly managed communication

ProDave

Alness / Black Isle Northern Scottish Highlands.
Visit site
We are on LPG at home and have been paying huge amounts for three years now and there are only two suppliers for us up here in Co Durham and Calor are the most expensive now. We don't even bother signing fixed price contracts now as they just charge what they want.

I paid £55 for my last 13kg bottle and have a 4.6 as a spare but it can stay empty if that is what they are charging for a full one.
Flo Gas 47Kg Propane £96. We have a pair just for a gas hob in the house. Easily last way over a year per cylinder. I would not mess about with little 13Kg cylinders for that.

Also (cough) very cheap refills for smaller cylinders.

oldgit

Visit site
Do wonder which genius in the marketing or accounts dept who dreamt up this little disaster probably purely in order to sweat the assets and squeeze the last few drops out for share holder returns and no doubt their personal gain.
The Memo via Wotasapp
Lets get rid of all those silly old 4.5K bottles used by tens of thousands which last virtually for ever and go boldly into the brave new highly renumerative world of tiny weeny 907 bottles that need changing after 2 half decent cups of decaffinated tea ?

Four years and lot of butchered gas lockers later..
Memo. via Wotsapp.

Err... maybe not, We were only joking and its got nothing to do with our cash flow vanishing.
1704016885795.jpeg

Last edited: