Replacing yacht carpets - Hampshire

NFCN

Visit site
Evening all

The old carpets in my 15 year old 40 ft yacht need replacing - the original backing is crumbling to dust, and the carpets themselves are a bit stained. There are 4 of them, obviously cut to very different shapes.

Does anyone know anywhere in south Hampshire where you can take the old ones and they will make up new ones, with whipped edges, to the same shapes, for a reasonable price? They also have stud fastenings in the corners.

Many thanks

Nick

johnalison

Visit site
I‘m not your area but in a similar position I went to a local carpet shop and bought a bathroom carpet with rubber backing. I then found a rug man in Yellow Pages who cut and bound it for a modest cost. The backing was much more rigid and I found that the stud fixings were not needed any more, in a slightly smaller 34’ boat.

Turnnidge

Visit site
We used a carpet company in Basingstoke, the used the old ones as templates and did the rug edging on any carpet we chose, as johnalison said rubber backed is the way to go. Very happy with the results.

coopec

N/A
Visit site
I have to have eight sections of carpet. I am going to use marine carpet and since it doesn't fray I'll use contact cement (glue) to stick the carpet to the floor boards. (I have finger pulls to raise the floor-boards)
  • Resists mild chemicals and fuels; simply clean with detergent and fresh water
  • Flexible and easy to work with, can be moulded up and over fixtures
  • DIY fibre lock carpet, won't fray when cut and shaped
  • UV stabilised, durable, insulates and anti-static
  • Pool and sea water comparable, quick drying, will not rot
The carpet is suitable to enhance or renew outdoor and indoor deck areas. Easy to hold fast with synthetic turf adhesive and aluminium trim bars.
Ideal DIY Topdeck Charcoal Velour Marine Carpet