Replacing Jabsco with PortaPotti - sealing seacocks

ghostlymoron2

Visit site
I'd just leave the pipework in place but cap them off so they can easily be reinstated when the subsequent owner find that the Porta Potti is so good after all.

Beneteau381

Visit site
We've just become the proud owners of a Seaward 25 and have been thinking about fitting a holding tank; however, the space available is very tight and we're now considering a PortaPotti with a 21 litre tank. I've looked at some of the previous discussions on this issue, and I appreciate that there will be a range of views on this idea, but I don't really want to set the particular hare running so my specific question is what is the best way to seal the sea cocks so that, in the event of the sale of the boat, we can include the original Jabsco as an option. The options I've come up with so far are:

1. Remove the pipework from the seacock, close it and tap in a wooden bung with some marine sealant after liberal application of grease to the moving parts.

2. Keep the pipework and make sure the end is above the waterline and put a bung in at the top of the pipe after closure/lube.

Any ideas/thoughts gratefully received.
I did the same about 6 years ago. Works flawlessly. The 11/4” valve I left in in the closed position. It’s now seized any way. I put a short piece of pipe and a bung over the end. The small pipe I did the same and put a woooden bung outside up it.
As I said, works flawlessly.