Replacement for Plastimo Neptune 2000 cooker

penfold

Visit site
Relatively new in the cooker market and has filled the "budget" spot previously occupied by Nelson Spinflo. Swedish company that has bought up makers of fridges, cool boxes, camping gear and so on. Not sure of the origin of the cookers but they look OK.
Yes, Dometic(or the parent) have bought a whole load of equipment makers; if the make was OK I reckon it will remain so. They bought Waeco and the fridge gear is exactly the same with a different badge, quality is unchanged.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
ArticPilot

I know this is an old thread but I have the same problem, what stove did you buy in the end and who did you buy it from
Now, I'm trying to remember! But I bought it in person from Jones Boatyard at St Ives (Cambridgeshire) - it was the Voyager 4500. Not quite a drop in replacement - I had to slightly remake the gimbal mounts.

john_q

Visit site
My boat is in Rio Dulce Guatemala, and I am trying to get a Marine Leisure/Plastimo HOB/Grill which will need shipping to Maimi to a shipping agent, I will organise shipping from there to Guatemala, so far, Marine Leisure do not sell to the public and very few of their dealers want to get involved. hey ho keep looking. The main hatch to my boat is very narrow so limited in choice

Minchsailor

Visit site
@articpilot - after trying the 'budget' marine cookers - Plastimo (Bainbridge/Leisure Products or whatever), Nelson/spinflow (rusted badly) I eventually bit the bullet and splashed out on a Force 10.

Expensive- Yes, but as I spend up to 5 months in the summer on my boat it was worth it. Oven has a thermostat, grill works better than the others (but not anywhere as good a home one), electronic ignition, easy to clean (can't say that for the others), robustly built.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
@articpilot - after trying the 'budget' marine cookers - Plastimo (Bainbridge/Leisure Products or whatever), Nelson/spinflow (rusted badly) I eventually bit the bullet and splashed out on a Force 10.

Expensive- Yes, but as I spend up to 5 months in the summer on my boat it was worth it. Oven has a thermostat, grill works better than the others (but not anywhere as good a home one), electronic ignition, easy to clean (can't say that for the others), robustly built.
In my case, the determining factor was the size of the space available. Pretty much only Leisure Products made a cooker that would fit.

Cardinal

Visit site
I’m surprised that there has been no mention of the gn-espace here.
We fitted one four years ago and it has proved very satisfactory. Self-contained ignition, decent grill, oven performs well
and it has three gas rings.
One consideration was that on visiting a large chain chandlery on the South coast each of their display models of other( more well-known ) brands
was broken with bits like the oven door hanging off. The gn seems well made and worth the extra cost.