Removing water stains from silvertex

julians

Visit site
No joy with white vinegar or baby wipes.

I've also tried some enzyme based stain remover I found in the local spar,but no joy.

I think I'm going to just have to live with it and put it down to patina, or hope it fades in the sun.

timbad

Visit site
No joy with white vinegar or baby wipes.

I've also tried some enzyme based stain remover I found in the local spar,but no joy.

I think I'm going to just have to live with it and put it down to patina, or hope it fades in the sun.
Try diluted fairy liquid in a spray

n.herring

Visit site
Looking up the spec of silvertex it appears to be solution dyed so the colour goes right through the fibre. This gives it the UV resistance and means you can clean with bleach or lighter fluid, check an area hidden away first.
It is virtually impossible to stain solution dyed products so quite what you have done is anyones guess, keep persevering I think you will get there, the manufacturer have lots of info online, I would contact them if you have no joy, Neil

jfm

Visit site
Silvertex has no fibre; it's a solid vinyl/PVC sheet material. It has knitted fabric reinforcement glued on the reverse side, and a clever embossed texture on the front face, but no fibre.

I don't think water leaves marks on silvertex - there would need to be some contaminant in the water and you'd need some clue about what that contaminant is. I have had silvertex for years with plenty of water sloshed about, and no marks.

julians

Visit site
Silvertex has no fibre; it's a solid vinyl/PVC sheet material. It has knitted fabric reinforcement glued on the reverse side, and a clever embossed texture on the front face, but no fibre.

I don't think water leaves marks on silvertex - there would need to be some contaminant in the water and you'd need some clue about what that contaminant is. I have had silvertex for years with plenty of water sloshed about, and no marks.
In that case I have no idea what these marks are,but so far they won't shift.

Will try some mould and mildew remover next,and then probably give up.

n.herring

Visit site

Of course you are right, it's my carpet background with fibre! I think it is solution dyed though rather than a print on the top which explains its resistance to uv and products like bleach, difficult stuff to damage.

jfm

Visit site
Of course you are right, it's my carpet background with fibre! I think it is solution dyed though rather than a print on the top which explains its resistance to uv and products like bleach, difficult stuff to damage.
Yes for sure the colour goes all the way through; it is not printed on top.

jfm

Visit site
@jfm is K2R worth a shot in case it's an oil based mark?
Definitely worth a shot. We have no idea what the stain/mark here is. For sure it isn't water!

In years of silvertex ownership and use/abuse I have never been able to stain it. I have had it go a bit weak after years of intense sun exposure, but that's about it. I spec it often - just got it on new RIB and have specced it on new build boat and tender. Pretty amazing stuff.

Would like to know more detail on OP's situ - what colour, and is there a picture?

julians

Visit site
Definitely worth a shot. We have no idea what the stain/mark here is. For sure it isn't water!

In years of silvertex ownership and use/abuse I have never been able to stain it. I have had it go a bit weak after years of intense sun exposure, but that's about it. I spec it often - just got it on new RIB and have specced it on new build boat and tender. Pretty amazing stuff.

Would like to know more detail on OP's situ - what colour, and is there a picture?
Attached a photo,but not sure it shows the stain well, the phone is hard to see in bright sunlight.

It's a light/mid grey colour

Attachments

• IMG_20230725_090125_(1129_x_1500_pixel).jpg
    IMG_20230725_090125_(1129_x_1500_pixel).jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 41

Hurricane

Visit site
Looks like salt deposit left after seawater has collected there. Have you tried thoroughly washing the whole seat with a light soapy solution and then rinsing off with a hose. Then letting the sun dry the whole cushion.

julians

Visit site
Looks like salt deposit left after seawater has collected there. Have you tried thoroughly washing the whole seat with a light soapy solution and then rinsing off with a hose. Then letting the sun dry the whole cushion.
Yep, tried that several times

jfm

Visit site
Just as a guess that might be a fabric dye, from someone's wet clothes. I'd suggest strong bleach (which won't harm the silvertex), and/or a very concentrated dishwasher tablet in warm water solution, and in both cases leave it on for a couple of hours.

julians

Visit site
Just as a guess that might be a fabric dye, from someone's wet clothes. I'd suggest strong bleach (which won't harm the silvertex), and/or a very concentrated dishwasher tablet in warm water solution, and in both cases leave it on for a couple of hours.
Bleach is the only thing I haven't tried yet,will give it a go