Removing grease stains from mainsail

PhillM

Visit site
In an attempt to help the main hoist and fall more easily, we tried Vaseline and and later on a TFT spray. What we now have is a rather greasy set of slides, which I have spent the last couple of hours cleaning with baby wipes. Sadly, some of the greasy mess has made its way onto the sail and shows as a grey stain. I don't want to risk damage, as this is only cosmetic staining which frankly cannot even be seen/noticed. However, if there is an easy and SAFE way to clean the sail, I would like to give it a go.

Visit site
Non bio washing powder.. dissolve a spoonful in warm water and work it in with a soft brush, so it penetrates the sailcloth. Rinse copiously with warm water.
You can get PTFE 'dry' slider lube, good stuff. Brushing inside the track with hot tap water is very effective, it's the only thing which can get rid of the salt in your sliders and tracks.

langstonelayabout

Visit site
Non bio washing powder.. dissolve a spoonful in warm water and work it in with a soft brush, so it penetrates the sailcloth. Rinse copiously with warm water.
You can get PTFE 'dry' slider lube, good stuff. Brushing inside the track with hot tap water is very effective, it's the only thing which can get rid of the salt in your sliders and tracks.

The PTFE stuff works well, but I'm too tight to buy it so I found that candle wax also works well on plastic sliders.