'Remarkable' Targa 44 v 'Promising' Absolute 47

• Thread starter Deleted User YDKXO
  • Start date

EME

www.lumishore.com
Re: \'Remarkable\' Targa 44 v \'Promising\' Absolute 47

Yes , I will be going ...many of the same (larger) boats as you know , but even after 4 days I hadn't seen as many I wanted. Same brokers for the most part as well ....

There are so many new hulls another 3 weeks would be good !!!

Sundays_Child

Visit site

Poweryacht,

Is Salpa really that good quality? I was on a 38.5 and it felt very creaky underfoot down below. I came a way with the impression that it was quite flimsy and cheaply built.

Maybe it was an early example?

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com

hi Sunday Child

I was on a 32.5 some time ago with a client of mine and was well impressed with it
it was close to perfect to be honest, even the details where very good
same happened in Genova 2 year ago
now I dont know about the 38.5 altough it is on my list of boats to visit
sometimes the flimsy bit is all about tightining some bolts but it is not always the case

Argonautical

Visit site

To the man commenting on the Princess v45.............try opening the port side cockpit glove box without smacking your bloody head on the roof front support.............impossible..............rubbish design!

Try it at sea, i would say an unconscious moment waiting to happen!

Jas.

LAMBADA

Visit site

Interesting comment re. glove box, had the boat for 2 months now and head still intact. Next time i'm at the boat I will check this out but neither my wife or I have ever "smacked our bloody heads".

Argonautical

Visit site

Perhaps it wasnt a V45 then........its on their stand at SIBS, maybe its a 47 or 48 or something...........BUT, my mate who is 6 ft1, and I must have seen atleast 3 other people wallop themselves on the roof support!

Other that a 'Beauty' non the less!

Jas.

acbruce

Visit site

As a Fairline owner until very recently I do agree with the general disbelief and disappointment iwth the new 44. How can you end up with a £380,000 44ft boat with only space for a small chartplotter? And no real move to solve any the issues that made me move away from the Targa boats.

The real trouble must be that many of these boats are becoming pretty similar in terms of capabilities, build quality, issues etc. So it will come down to price. And Fairlines innovation on the price front seems to be the wrong way!

But they are selling a lot of boats (though with some chunky discounts)

Argonautical

Visit site

What made you steer away from the Targa range before?

I honestly think the quality compared to the late Sunseekers is pants, they were better 10 years agom and more realistically priced!

The salesman was deflated on the stand.

Hugo_Andreae

Visit site

The simple answer to that is because at the time of writing the preview we had already performed a full test of the Fairline Targa 44 and had not yet even seen an Absolute 47 let alone tested one, so "promising" seemed a more appropriate term. Having now seen it in the flesh, I'm happy to upgrade it to "remarkable" particularly in the value for money stakes!
Agree with you that Fairline prices are looking pretty bullish at the moment (although it doesn't seem to stop them selling truckloads of every new boat they launch) but I'm suprised at the comments about build quality. In our experience they are currently producing some of the best built mainstream production boats around.

Simonk

Visit site

"Sunseeker...........now...........being a Fairline man through and through, when my SWMBO and I upgrade..........it will be definately be to the Sunseeker brand, stunning quality, and stand Staff who couldnt do enough for us!"

Sunseeker obviously didn't give you one of their priclist's then,perhaps you had been blinded by the bling!!!!!!!!!

hshaky

Visit site

Targa 47 like looking though gun tower slot to see forward.

Hey the Absolute is "absolutle" smashing especially the price re quality.

Fairlines are built like old Austin cars before Toyota got in.

It cannot go on. Perhaps it was Fairline outstanding warrantees that dropped B A Peters ... I am still waiting for a bit since 3 years ago