Regular crew wanted

christopherb

Visit site
I've recently bought Ina, a Maurice Griffiths Kylix class cutter and am slowly recommissioning her after a two year layup on the hard. She's in very good condition but was put to bed very thoroughly (and commendably) by the previous owner. I now need regular crew to help me do the last bits of sorting her and start sailing again.

I had a bad stroke in 2013, made a good recovery but still have episodes of brain fog and acute neuropathic pain, so I realise my days of single-handing are over and I need crew. You don't need experience or qualifications but you do need to be keen and willing to learn. And be good company of course, so I suggest anyone interested meets me for a chat somewhere mutually convenient. If you have your own transport that would be ideal, but you could get to the marina by train and then a longish walk or a cab to the marina.

I live in Ramsgate so might consider mooring Ina in Ramsgate Marina next season. Though the sailing isn't as good as on the east coast IMO.

KestrelHawk

Visit site
Hi Christopher. Will you pm me? For some reason I can't pm you?
I have a weeks holiday coming up and wondered if I could offer my services for the week in return for sailing 'tuition'.
I have experience of working on sailing yachts doing various repairs/maintenance. I am very capable.

christopherb

Visit site
Hi Kestrel. Thanks for this reply. I can't pm you either! Could you please email me at bbseesaw@gmx.com with information on possible dates for your holiday, your location, whether you have transport and dates/location for a possible meeting? i