Registration(SSR)

Tugw

Visit site
As some folks know(and probably getting sick of listening to) I will endevour to move my boat from Germany to the UK,I bought the boat in Germany.What do i need to register her in the UK ?(strange when it seems most people are trying to get out of our once great country) anyway,do i need any sort of papers from the German side?

Tugw

Visit site
Once ive done this does it mean that i can fly the red duster?(although i have to admit that the German one aint that bad)

raquet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Once ive done this does it mean that i can fly the red duster?(although i have to admit that the German one aint that bad)

[/ QUOTE ]Yes I believe so - you should stick the SSR numbers on though. Remember that the German authorities might have a different idea - as I said I had to de-register in France and so avoid all the rules and regulations which apply to French registered boats. I haven't a clue what happens if a boat is registered in two countries.

gjgm

Visit site
my understanding is that the ssr part 3 was established by the RYA as a simpler way of proving nationality when outside the UK-simpler than full part 1. So if you dont venture outside UK waters, I dont think you need it legally, at all.

michael_w

Visit site
Last year I bought a boat in Germany and brought her home with no registration docs. I just waved the sales contract and Bill of Sale at anyone who might be interested.

Our only brush with the authorites was the water police at the Kiel Canal, who came on board and copied everything down in longhand! What caught there eye was the RORC ensign with Schleswig as hailing port on the transom.

They wanted to be sure we hadn't stolen the boat!

Tugw

Visit site
Seems like its fairly straight forward then,Even (as pointed out) i dont really need to do it,itll be nice to see her wearing a red dress!! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif