Reeds Updates?

DipperToo

Visit site
Has anyone managed to get the January updates for the 2022 Almanac (Channel)?
I emailed Bloomsbury in December as they instructed to get 'on the distribution list' . Nothing yet - and I have also emailed them again 10 days ago with a nudge to see what is happening.
It seems that they have to do this due to some licencing issues?

skip50

Visit site
I have the Western version of Reeds. Like the OP sent a follow up email, and received the first batch of corrections approx. mid January.

lustyd

Visit site
Yes I got the update by email. Seems a very old fashioned system to have to use email but I guess useful if you're remote.

DipperToo

Visit site
Thanks all - glad to know that at least it works!
I have emailed Bloomsbury again to try and find out what is going on. I have a suspicion it may be that my private email address has a '-' character in the middle of the domain name which, whilst being a legitimate character seems to throw a few limited email systems where they think they have sent an email but it just disappears into the ether! Interestingly Ebay sales emails fail but marketing and account emails work! They use different systems.
I have given Bloomsbury an alternative secondary email address to try.

DipperToo

Visit site
Thanks all - glad to know that at least it works!
I have emailed Bloomsbury again to try and find out what is going on. I have a suspicion it may be that my private email address has a '-' character in the middle of the domain name which, whilst being a legitimate character seems to throw a few limited email systems where they think they have sent an email but it just disappears into the ether! Interestingly Ebay sales emails fail but marketing and account emails work! They use different systems.
I have given Bloomsbury an alternative secondary email address to try.
All sorted - it seems emails requesting updates were being forwarded to someone before they started the job and got 'lost' in the system! Jan and Feb updates just arrived by email.
If anyone registered but got no updates, just ping them another email.

lustyd

Visit site
Haha I love that they think that's a reasonable explanation in 2022. That there is a human in that process at all is bonkers and suggests a lack of care around personal data.