Reds all the way again ......

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Any news on conditions today as I need to get back to Bray from Penton this weekend? Web site still on yesterdays up date.

Updates are issued when conditions change so you should assume last nights status is still valid until further notice.

You can check yourself on the River Conditions page HERE
and there is a "Subscribe" box on the right hand side where you can register to receive direct info via email or text message.

russ

Visit site
Updates are issued when conditions change so you should assume last nights status is still valid until further notice.

You can check yourself on the River Conditions page HERE
and there is a "Subscribe" box on the right hand side where you can register to receive direct info via email or text message.
Thank you.

emjay

Visit site
I was chatting to the lockie at Benson this morning. He was in the process of half-closing one of the radial sluices. He thought that there was a slight chance of going to yellow tomorrow but most likely 2 or 3 days hence. Unless the rain that's due in the next few days turns heavier than expected he said the stream should be soon under control. Too late for this weekend, unfortunately.

Mike

jecuk

Visit site
We did Chertsey to Temple yesterday. It was fine with a few obvious spots around islands and bridges where you need to be careful. Still quite a flow.

dash300

Visit site
I'd like to get my hands on the idiot using the river to dispose of his tree trimmings today. Vast amounts floating by us at Weybridge. Probably another riparian who can't be bothered to take it to the dump. Clearly has no idea or doesn't care what it clogs up.:mad:

TrueBlue

Visit site
I'd like to get my hands on the idiot using the river to dispose of his tree trimmings today. Vast amounts floating by us at Weybridge. Probably another riparian who can't be bothered to take it to the dump. Clearly has no idea or doesn't care what it clogs up.:mad:

"Not my problem"
"Well, it'll all flush out to sea"
" it's what I do with my fag packets/ fag ends out ot the car window"

Folks are so disconnected with their environment and don't stop to think.
A generation problem....

SnowCat

Visit site
"Not my problem"

A generation problem....

Not really a generation problem - some youngsters are very switched on to their environment etc. etc. etc. Ok, many are not but surely this is down to their education, and their parents' education?

watson1959

Visit site
"Not my problem"

A generation problem....

Tut tut TB : how do you know it wasn't a lazy, selfish, inconsiderate OLD buggger? :D

TrueBlue

Visit site
Not really a generation problem - some youngsters are very switched on to their environment etc. etc. etc. Ok, many are not but surely this is down to their education, and their parents' education?

Yes it is, that's my point.
In my day several hundred years ago, we was taught respec'.
We had to raise our school caps to teachers, families and any one we thought might complain if we didn't....
We had to give up our seat on a bus to old(er) folk.
Nobody resented it, and it became automatic, indeed even at that young age we could use it in a sardonic fashion to those who were not deserving of that "thank you".

What it did was to connect you with the outside world. "Thank you kind school crossing lady" and it was pleasurable when somebody said "thank you" back.
One connected with "society" and that was often reciprocated.

Nowadays schools and hard pressed parents don't have the time to teach the finer (?) points of social etiquette.

Indeed the parents were among the first to disconnect themselves from the world at the beginning of the personal portable entertainment systems.

Folks look inward nowadays and only acknowledge themselves.

Tut tut TB : how do you know it wasn't a lazy, selfish, inconsiderate OLD buggger? :D

I don't .
If it a lazy OLD b, then he should have known better.

Younger folks don't know better - see above

Ramage

Visit site
From the time of the Industrial Revolution until at least the late 1960s the attitude of much of society was "Just dump it".

That is why our rivers were in such a state.

I somehow doubt the riparian owner who is just chucking his branches into the river for disposal is a youngster... not many young riparian owners about!

There are badly behaved youngsters. There are also a lot of badly behaved older people too!

Captain Coochie

Visit site
It may have been a lottery winning youngster employing an older person who then subbed out the work to a middle aged person that threw the branches near the river and then when the river went on to reds the water took the branches away .

OR ............