RedBox Router

Trident

Visit site
Multiple Benefits
Red-Box-Product-300px.jpg

Simple Installation
The Red Box eliminates the normal manual Internet configuration headaches and reduces support costs by offering a straightforward and intuitive user interface, with no software installation required.

High Speed Data Compression
Through the innovative and well established teleport-mail and teleport-proxy services, the Red Box provides data transfer rates up to 10x faster than standard rates, allowing for lower user costs and encouraging increased usage through all connections, including satellite.

Wireless NMEA Instruments
The Red Box can receive and broadcast NMEA data feeds both wired and wirelessly to local computers and mobile devices.

Everything Wireless
Email and surf wirelessly, by using the Red Box as the onboard WiFi Hotspot. Utilise 3G, WiFi, satellite broadband and satellite dial-up for uninterrupted wireless Internet worldwide.

GPS Tracking
Maintain an electronic record of vessel positions via the Red Box’s inbuilt GPS tracking system. Integrate positions into the teleport-blog application and manage and monitor fleets.

Compatibility
The Red Box is fully compatible with a wide range of products and most satellite service providers, including:

iridium-logo.png
Inmarsat-Logo.gif
Thuraya-Logo.jpg
teleport-it-logo-50px.png
Wifi-Bat-Logo-s.jpg

Expansive Feature Set
Automatic Satellite Phone Installation
Simply connect almost any satellite phone to the Red Box and it will be automatically detected, configured and made available for use, with no further interaction from the user.

Easy to Connect
The Red Box has a unique, simple user interface, allowing easy access from multiple users on different types of mobile or wired device. Access the Internet, send and receive emails, update social profiles and get weather forecasts fast, reliably and anywhere in the world, from any Internet enabled device.

Content Filtering & Access Control Policy
Full administrative control over what Internet data can be accessed through the Red Box. Individual user accounts allow accurate control over access and per user/per device access policies.

Firewall
The Red Box uses the teleport-firewall to restrict web access and lock down the computer to optimise data speeds and traffic, lowering the risk of overspend.

This is a second hand but excellent condition fully working unit - no longer required as I have Starlink aboard now.

These are almost £500 new - I'd like £150 please collected from Emsworth or shipped for another £10
IMG_8521.jpg

RubyII

Visit site
I know this is a bit of an old post which I'm picking up on £100 is probably about right for this bit of kit. I bought a new one(updated current version which I believe, has been superseded) 2x Boat shows ago, not impressed. Maybe suitable for a big boat where you can sit high above the waterline ,it doesn't have facility to have a remote aerial. Despite being bench tested by the manufacturer it doesn't work effectively in situ. Interestingly, my cheap Chinese wifi router works better. I regret not having done more research. I'm sure I'll get slammed for this post, but there are other better products out there.. Maybe this was working in progress. But by the time you pay boatshow prices pay Electrician to install it. Very disappointing.

Trident

Visit site
I know this is a bit of an old post which I'm picking up on £100 is probably about right for this bit of kit. I bought a new one(updated current version which I believe, has been superseded) 2x Boat shows ago, not impressed. Maybe suitable for a big boat where you can sit high above the waterline ,it doesn't have facility to have a remote aerial. Despite being bench tested by the manufacturer it doesn't work effectively in situ. Interestingly, my cheap Chinese wifi router works better. I regret not having done more research. I'm sure I'll get slammed for this post, but there are other better products out there.. Maybe this was working in progress. But by the time you pay boatshow prices pay Electrician to install it. Very disappointing.
The RedBox does rather more than a normal router though - it will compress files for sat transmission which means huge cost and time savings on traditional satellite coms . It will choose between WiFi , cell and sat depending on what’s available and cheapest etc

Trident

Visit site
The RedBox does rather more than a normal router though - it will compress files for sat transmission which means huge cost and time savings on traditional satellite coms . It will choose between WiFi , cell and sat depending on what’s available and cheapest etc
Oh and not sure on your version but this one certainly can have a remote aerial wired in using the normal ports on the back

RubyII

Visit site
Oh and not sure on your version but this one certainly can have a remote aerial wired in using the normal ports on the back
I think it's updated Redbox that has 4 small aerials it doesn't look like it's on their website anymore obviously not successful obviously waste of money !