Red Ensign saved......for now!

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
Re: Rubbish

How about a bit of the UK that nobody really wants so that the integrationists and Europhiles can have it and federate?

Goole perhaps? Maybe Hastings:)

If the EU's self regard requires a flag then so be it, just don't require anyone to wear it and/or profit thereby. Oh and expect some rude types from somewhere to burn same.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Defacing my licence

When I first got my Euro driving licence, I stuck a white sticker over the EU flag. Not long afterwards I had to show it to a plod.

He says, "I could report you for defacing your licence."

So I pulled the sticker off. "Happy now?"

I am still trying to figure out how he would present it in court, because I, of course, could produce a completely undamaged and undefaced licence.

Is it me, or are all plods just so thick they really can't think things through?

guernseyman

Visit site
Re: Defacing my licence

They are quite used to winning cases on the basis that it's your word against theirs.

So much so that if they take a dislike to you some of them will lie and hope to win on that basis.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
As far as I can tell if you want a blue one you join the Cruising Club and that's it. Anyone can join.
Putting aside the 'proud to be British' stuff it's practical to know the different nationalities of boats in the marina. At least you can say Hola or Hello or Dobro Utro in the morning to 'more or less' the right people.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

They are quite used to winning cases on the basis that it's your word against theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the point. Plod can stand up in court and say what he likes, but if I can remove the sticker without damaging the plastic card, it can hardly be a case of me defacing it as that implies a permanent state. It's not like a car tax disc that must not be obscured, because under plods reasoning the act of hiding my driving licence in my wallet would also be defacing it.

I should point out that I no longer indulge in such petty protests, but can't wait for when Prescotts army of house snoopers are let loose!

guernseyman

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
... but if I can remove the sticker without damaging the plastic card, it can hardly be a case of me defacing it as that implies a permanent state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good argument, but vulnerable to attack on the basis that defacement does not necessarily mean permanent defacement. Think: unless you actually destroy the artefact, there is usually a way, however difficult, of undoing the defacement. Guilty, as charged.

B

bob_tyler

My car numberplates carried the EU flag when the car was delivered. The next day I bought 2 self adhesive Union Flag ceramic plates at an accessory shop which now cover the EU exactly.

The little Union Flag stickers on Cox's Orrange Pippin apples cover the EU flag on my driving licence.

I'd like to see PC Plod try to take me to court for that!

It would be a good case for an uproar in the press. Supporting the UK has not yet be prohibited by this government (emphasis on yet).

I voted for admission to the European Common Market not the EU.

Let's have a referendum on staying in or coming out!

guernseyman

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. I am going to turn myself in.

Better take toothbrush, sponge and soap on a rope.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've obviously never been inside: soap's OK but rope is a no-no, like tie, belt, and shoelaces. It's annoying, but when they close the door behind you, the reason becomes evident.

ccscott49

Visit site

Plod could of course confiscate it to show the magistrate how you defaced it, then what do you do?

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

Plod could of course confiscate it to show the magistrate how you defaced it, then what do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Knackered.

But then I would demonstrate that if the court decides that covering the EU flag with a removable sticker is 'deafacing' it, I would point out that by putting your licence in a wallet, you are also 'defacing' it and therefore everybody who does not have their licence constantly exposed to the air is also guilty.

I that fails, then I think that a ten minute rant about the waste of court time and shouldn't they be trying real criminals instead, would probably sway them.