Red Diesel Prices

billywilliams

Visit site
Two weeks ago I bought red diesel in a local marina for 52ppltr. Today the price is 80ppltr from the same pump. (>50% increase) When I expressed my mild surprise the reply was 'Sorry Bill, management's instructions.'
Is this a nationwide situation or a purely local phenonemom?

No Regrets

Visit site
The word is 'Thievingmarinamanagementtakingadvantageofcustomers'

And avoid the establishment. Boating can do without people shafting boaters any more than they already are. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

wragges

www.minstercomputers.com
Billy,

There can be no justification for this level of price hike (unless they are trying to stop selling diesel to marina customers?)

Also, it in no way reflects the current prices from the fuel distribution companies.

I suggest you name and shame the money grabbing b'stard on here and let other customers/victims vote with their feet.

exfinnsailor

Visit site
Hmmm ... 30 ppltr extra profit .. Not supposed to happen till later in the year but that's marina's 4 u .. Just heard my space has gone up from £2400 to £2800 hope they can find someone to pay it .. We are off to a swing mooring ..

billywilliams

Visit site
I have been doing a little local research. An acquaintance, who buys red in bulk for his business, as been quoted a similar % increase from his wholesaler who also states that they cannot give a delivery date as none is available from the refinery.
This might well be a local glitch. I will follow it up tomorrow.

billywilliams

Visit site
Have spoken to 'the management'. Apparently wholesale prices have rocketed and the pump price is merely a pro rata increase. Claim that their profit margin has actually decreased. End of thread I suppose.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Heard just recently that the friend of a business acquaintance, who has a farm contract company, based on current increases in red diesel, will see his fuel bill rise by £100,000 in the coming year from £250,000! That's a 40% increase.

Bodach na mara

Visit site
The increase sounds a bit excessive, but as a driver of a diesel car, I have noted that the pump price has increased by about 12 - 15 pence per litre since autumn. I was able to get for aronug 95 and sometomes less, but it is commonly 113p or more now That is partly due to the VAT, so vat-exempt fuel should have increased by only about 10 - 12p.

I was disgusted that Darling seemed to appear "magnanimous" in postponing the 2p increase in fuel duty. He did not actually need it, as the VAT within the extra is over 2p anyway.

Never mind, wait till you see what you are paying after November!

alisdair4

midnightdrifter.net
Red Diesel was 65p/l at Holy Loch and 69p at Kip at the weekend. Not a lot of use to you, but they appear to be less shafting in their approach. So, filled up all of my spare cans -should do me for the rest of the season!

charles_reed

Visit site
It all depends

on whether they practice a replacement cost policy or merely a mark-up on buy-in price.

Welcome however to the real world and expect your prices to continue to increase - moboaters might all be forced, by economics, to become raggies as world demand for crude oil outstrips production.

Comfort ye with the economic fact that what's in shortage now will be in surplus 6 years hence.