Recommendations and advice re. basic tablet to run Navionics

Dutch01527

Visit site
I went with a second hand commercial grade ”Conker” rugged tablet. £80 from eBay. Reasons for choosing this vs buying a domestic tablet were waterproofing, screen brightness, battery life and robustnes.

Very happy with choice. There is a reason that this type of commercial tablet cost c. £1000 new, you can feel the quality.

ylop

Visit site
Bit late but my London chartplotter won't load navionics either.

That's not good ... in fact worse than that .. I have Navionics loaded onto old tablets as well as later version Android .. so LC must be using some crappy tablets !! Sorry to be blunt.
Navionics should load on anything with Android 7 or newer. LCP sell reconditioned Samsung Active tablets. Depending on the model you select it my have older versions of Android and not be updatable. The owner of LCP is convinced "his" plotter software is better than Navionics so it doesn't matter for the niche user who prefers that and wants to save every penny. If you tell him when you buy it that you might want to run someone else's plotter software he steers you towards the newer and slightly more expensive models.

Slowboater33

Visit site
That's not good ... in fact worse than that .. I have Navionics loaded onto old tablets as well as later version Android .. so LC must be using some crappy tablets !! Sorry to be blunt.
Hi Refueler.Well I splashed out on a Doogee 20 this week so running Android 13 so fingers crossed, now got to sort AIS