reading the threads

G

Is it just me or do others find it difficult to follow the thread of 'conversations'? Can thet be listed in chronological order? Perhaps they can, it's probably me.

G

I've just checked. Mine are in chronological order!!

Best regards :eek:)

Ian D

Bergman

Visit site
I agree with Kirky

Whilst ones own messages may be chronological if one tries to read a thread with a reasonable number of posts the dates appear all over the place.

I think I understand the logic of it but it is not readily obvious.

G

There is a logic to it but I wouldn't say it's the right logic...
The original post is shown at the top of the thread, then the replies underneath with the earliest one at the bottom. Each new reply to the original post is addedd above previous replies (but still underneath the original post). Replies to replies work on the same basis but because they're indented under the reply they're replying to then the dates and times in the right hand column can look like they're all over the place.

God, that explanation sounds even more complicated than the threads themselves!

Colinh

Visit site
Have you tried the 'flat' option. If there are a lot of postings it takes a few moments, then they are all in date order. First reply at the top, and the inevitable disagreements below.

Much easier to read as well.

Colin H

Bergman

Visit site
Sorry to seem dim, but what is the "flat" version.

My computer skills are such that I regard getting on the forum at all as something of a triumph.

Do I have to do anything different or is there a button somewhere I press

Thanks in advance

Colinh

Visit site
The 'Flat' version is one of the options shown near the top of the page after you have clicked on a topic of interest. Not some arcane term only understood by introspective spotty teenage computer fanciers.

Click on the word flat where it says PREVIOUS INDEX NEXT FLAT and the word THREADED is in grey.

Hope this helps.

Colin H