Re-upholstery in Thames area

MonaLisa

Visit site
Hi folks

I am looking to give my newly bought Princess 35 a bit of a make-over internally as well as hinging the radar arch.

Does anyone have any good experiences with people for re-upholstery, headling, carpets, teak flooring?

Also engineers for doing the arch work.

My first foray into Power - any advice re the Thames and P35s much appreciated.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

<span style="color:blue"> </span>

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
I can't help I'm afraid but I'm sure others will give sound advice. Anyways, welcome welcome. Curiousity leads me to ask where you are going to be based.
This guy used to do hinging and hydraulic arch's. he's worked for me, don't know if he still does this work though. His number was 07976 264812 the name is Mike Bardowil. I have had no contact for 2/3 years.

ms1

Visit site
there's a decent canopy and re-upholstery shop at Penton Hook marina
glass work - Bridge marine at Walton Bridge. or get hold of John Smurf at Bates Marine Shepperton
Teak work - Michael Dennett, Chertsey
martin

MonaLisa

Visit site
Many thanks for the help

I am based at Harleyford - just bought the boat on the South Coast and brought it there last week.

I have spoken to Huthchins Marine who looks like they will be able to do just about all the work I need. I'll also try this number.

I'll let you know how I get on.

MonaLisa

Visit site
Thanks - I had tried the Penton Hook number but no reply.

Will try again along with the others tomorrow.

Very helpful - I'll keep you posted.....

trev

Visit site
Thanks for posting this and welcome ! It is my intention to re-upholster cockpit and cabin over the winter and was wondering who I could find to do the job - I'll watch for further info. I've used the guys at Penton for various canopy jobs before, but didn't realise they did upholstery. I'll pay them a visit when next down that way.

jcmmarine

Visit site
avoid any company with marine in their decription. I re-upholstered my princess 37 for £800, including all sponge and covers, from a small company on the trading estate beind Asda, the lowest marine company quote wa £1700,

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
avoid any company with marine in their decription. I re-upholstered my princess 37 for £800, including all sponge and covers, from a small company on the trading estate beind Asda, the lowest marine company quote wa £1700,

[/ QUOTE ]
You are so so right. I had mine done two two little old ladies on the now demolished mini-trading estate at Wallingford their work was splendid as was their price.

ms1

Visit site
if all your upholstery is removable and you can take it out yourself.
B & M, 73 Sation Road Addlestone
01932 847793
park in the TESCO car park

jcmmarine

Visit site
Behind Asda in Gosport. Where I live.
GBT Upholstery 01329828806.
But they are typical of many local upholsters

The point is that there are many upholsterers that will make what you want, much cheaper than marine upholserers . Just look in your local trader ads.

The company mentioned aboved is however better than most upholsterers. Before setting up on his own he made a great deal of the QE2 refit upholstery.