re-upholstery in Plymouth

timv

Visit site
Can anyone recommend someone to renew the upholstery in the saloon and also the cushions on the fly bridge in the Plymouth area. Also any idea of cost to include the foam etc. not just the covering , on a phantom 38 ?
many thanks for any comments
Tim

kcrane

Visit site
Paul Hodge at Custom Boat Upholstery is based in Blagdon's Boatyard. He replaced (and matched) much of the upholstery on my Rodman. He did a good job, but it took a while. Some of that was waiting for the material (a cheaper copy of the expensive stuff) which he recommended and which was fine for the light use we made of it. Your Phantom is a more complex job than my fishing boat :)

kcrane

Visit site
Sorry, forgot to answer cost question. He replaced the base and backs, plus an infill, for the seats around a table. They were mostly rectangles, but of course with rounded bits here and there, plus one cushion back had to have some support built in as it had jutted out and was used a a handhold. It was about £400 for materials, labour, fitting.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Sorry, forgot to answer cost question. He replaced the base and backs, plus an infill, for the seats around a table. They were mostly rectangles, but of course with rounded bits here and there, plus one cushion back had to have some support built in as it had jutted out and was used a a handhold. It was about £400 for materials, labour, fitting.

Massively off topic (so apologies to the OP) but - kcrane, hello stranger, you haven't been here for a while, how are you? Still got the V48?

kcrane

Visit site
Massively off topic (so apologies to the OP) but - kcrane, hello stranger, you haven't been here for a while, how are you? Still got the V48?

Hello!

Very well, couldn't be more retired if I tried :)

Still got the V48, just brought it back to the Solent. It is in Ocean Village, but moving to Port Solent next week to let volvopaul loose on it, followed by lift out and big polish and valet job.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Hello!

Very well, couldn't be more retired if I tried :)

Still got the V48, just brought it back to the Solent. It is in Ocean Village, but moving to Port Solent next week to let volvopaul loose on it, followed by lift out and big polish and valet job.

Jtb beat me to it. Where did you go from Sutton. I heard you'd sold the Rodman, still fishing?

andy59

Visit site
Lang & Potter are the guys who do Princess upholstery , quality and service is excellent and i am led to believe that they are happy to take on other work . Maybe not cheap but i would say good value for money . Speak to Donna Jane. Had all my P42 external upholstery done and very pleased with it .IMG_2800.jpg

timv

Visit site
Lang & Potter are the guys who do Princess upholstery , quality and service is excellent and i am led to believe that they are happy to take on other work . Maybe not cheap but i would say good value for money . Speak to Donna Jane. Had all my P42 external upholstery done and very pleased with it .View attachment 65414

oh yes I like the look of that ! thanks very much will give them a try.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Lang & Potter are the guys who do Princess upholstery , quality and service is excellent and i am led to believe that they are happy to take on other work . Maybe not cheap but i would say good value for money . Speak to Donna Jane. Had all my P42 external upholstery done and very pleased with it .View attachment 65414

Did they also do Seaesta? Whoever did that also did an excellent job!

andy59

Visit site
External cushions and carpets on Sea Esta were done by Adrian at Powerboat Services in southampton LJS , (he has a page on FB ) and the leather inside was done by aquamarine in ringwood but not sure if they are still running ( he used to do work for sunseeker )