re-Chromeing dead lights

G

Hi, Does anybody know where I can get my dead lights, dome vents etc.. re chromed any info would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks

Ian

Mirelle

N/A
Visit site
Apparently this is not easy. I talked to Moray McPhail at Classic Marine about mine and he said that he had given up for the moment, after bad experiences, but that he thought that Alan Staley might have located a source and he was waiting to hear from Alan after Alan had tried some fittings.

Anyway, Alan's address is
The Old Sawmill,
Chambers' Wharf,
Faversham,
Kent ME13 7BT
Tel 01795 530668

wrr

Visit site
Re: re-Chroming dead lights

The chrome-plated bronze fittings (circa 1950) on my boat were replated during previous ownership. I belive that the work was done by Hampshire Electro Plating, tel 023 8022 5639. The finish is still excellent some ten years on. It is necessary to specify the thickness of plating required as the fittings experience conditions beyond that of the normal bathroom suite. The pieces should be submitted as a single batch.

milltech

www.iTalkFM.com
I met a man at a boat jumble who offered to "do up" my Francis Searchlight, and this would have involved re-chroming. I sold the boat but he was Phil Price, 13, Highland Road, Worcester, WR4 9RR. The deal involved replacing the lamp with halogen and doing the mirror etc. but I guess re-chroming is re-chroming.

Boat Junkie

G

Hi there
I just did up an old Broom and had the 40yr old chrome redone, which came up like new.
May be worth trying John Wyatt at Key Plating in Gosport (Portsmouth) on 023 92 587736.
Remind him of me - he finished it off last summer for me.
Pics low down the page at : http://www.arweb.co.uk/towpath/discus/messages/11/11.html if you are interested.
Hope this helps.
Nick Dalton

Nick

ccscott49

Visit site
Aqua plating, Aqueduct Street, Preston, Lancs. They just did my blakes toilet parts and they have done my searchlight and a bunch of stuff for my brother, they are reasonable, fast and good, just let them know its for a boat and they will put a lot of copper and nickel on, before the chrome.