Raymarine ST6000 Plus - Rudder bar dissapears after power off

paulchurch

Visit site
Hi - the rudder bar on my ST6000 Plus dissapears after power off - and the "On" setting reverts to off. Other threads suggest there is no battery backup on the ST6000+ display. Any ideas as to why the settings are not retained in the CMOS chip?

geem

Visit site
The rudder bar on my system is only powered when the autopilot is switched on. Guessing this is because the rudder position indicator is wired to the ACU

Yngmar

Visit site
Yup, ST6000+ has an EEPROM, no buffer battery. Does it retain the other settings or does everything revert to default? Does the rudder position sensor work (rudder bar is showing rudder position changes with autopilot disengaged)?

paulchurch

Visit site
Yup, ST6000+ has an EEPROM, no buffer battery. Does it retain the other settings or does everything revert to default? Does the rudder position sensor work (rudder bar is showing rudder position changes with autopilot disengaged)?
Thanks. Rudder sensor does work. When I set rudder bar to on it appears on display and works as normal. Just the setting reverts to off when device is powered off. On one recent occasion it it remained set to on but thereafter has disappeared. Guess EEPROM may need replacing or have a poor connect Is the EEPROM user serviceable? Not sure if other settings are lost as otherwise appears to function as normal.