Raymarine St2000 compass...

suffolktim

Visit site
Hey guys...I have a raymarine st2000 autohelm and it now only shows 78 degrees at all times!!

I have boiled it down to the fluxgate compass which turns iut to have a cracked ribbon and I was wondering if anyone here either has a used one that they are not using, or a dead st1000 or st2000 that is dead for another reason and I could use the compass from? I thought it was worth asking, and funds do not allow a new one at this point! Cheers, Tim

Graham_Wright

www.mastaclimba.com
Hey guys...I have a raymarine st2000 autohelm and it now only shows 78 degrees at all times!!

I have boiled it down to the fluxgate compass which turns iut to have a cracked ribbon and I was wondering if anyone here either has a used one that they are not using, or a dead st1000 or st2000 that is dead for another reason and I could use the compass from? I thought it was worth asking, and funds do not allow a new one at this point! Cheers, Tim

Mend it? Ask Raymarine to mend it?

suffolktim

Visit site
Thanks for that Graham! Thats incredibly useful advice! The ribbon at the junction where it has cracked it beyond tiny and not repairable, and Raymarine wanted a huge amount of money to even look at it. In the spirit of PBO I have taken it all apart myself and I am trying to source a compass that will do the trick for it.

I wish I could afford to get raymarine to fix it....but to be honest, even if I could afford to let them fix it for me I would still prefer to do it myself, as their workshop pricing is disgusting, and geared towards forcing people to buy new from them instead of fixing old.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Thanks for that Graham! Thats incredibly useful advice! The ribbon at the junction where it has cracked it beyond tiny and not repairable, and Raymarine wanted a huge amount of money to even look at it. In the spirit of PBO I have taken it all apart myself and I am trying to source a compass that will do the trick for it.

I wish I could afford to get raymarine to fix it....but to be honest, even if I could afford to let them fix it for me I would still prefer to do it myself, as their workshop pricing is disgusting, and geared towards forcing people to buy new from them instead of fixing old.

Have you tried the Service Centre? They offer a fixed price service which will cover minor repairs and/or parts.

johnphilip

Visit site
Try Seapower Marine Electronics at Suffolk Yacht Harbour. Just this week Ollie found a replacement cam for my ST 2000 wheeldrive amongst a box of wheelpilot salvaged parts. Very helpful.

suffolktim

Visit site
Hey, I will try seapower on monday, thanks for the heads up. Im pretty sure ive nailed the pro blem, I just would prefer a s/h compass or one thats at least not full price, in case my diagnosis is wrong! Maybe Ollie will have a fluxgate compass in his bits box to! You never know!