raymarine autopilot steers 180degree wrong on wind

sprokkie

Visit site
Hi,

i connected the nmea outpur of the Hydra2000 FFD to a Actisense NGW-01.
The Raymanrine stng netwrork recoginzed the actisense for different data sources.

Now if i engage the autopilot to steer on the wind, the pilot responses 180 degree wrong.
Using the rayamarine compas it is fine.

We have the EV-100 pilot Evolution EV-100 Tillerpack: ACU-100 p70s, EV-1 Q047 tiller drive.

Is there a setting somewhere ?

HTS

Visit site
cannot be 100pc sure but there is a setting which allows for port or starboard mount and this could be the answer

Foolish Muse

Visit site
I hate Actisense with a passion, and their technical people were real asses to deal with. Worst customer service I've ever seen. This was dealing with my Raymarine ST40 wind instrument, connecting to a Pelagic autopilot. In the end the Pelagic people solved the problems.

tross

Visit site
Do you have boatbspeed (speed through the water), apparent wind and true wind readings on the sea talk network?

the autopilot uses these 3 to steer on the wind in addition to heading which it provides itself.
Err - the auto pilot uses either the apprent OR the true wind direction in vane mode. Your reply, although it may not be intentiional, suggests it uses all 3 simultaneously

Norman_E

Visit site
This applies to my B&G instrument system, but probably to most others as well. Is your wind sensor mounted 180 degrees out, and compensated for that by the menu in the wind instrument? If so the the wind instrument will show things correctly but if the autopilot uses the raw data from the wind transducer it will be 180 degrees out.

temptress

gbr195t.com
Err - the auto pilot uses either the apprent OR the true wind direction in vane mode. Your reply, although it may not be intentiional, suggests it uses all 3 simultaneously

the acu uses Stw and apparent wind to calculate true wind....it steers using the heading information and samples the choosen wind direction in vane mode to adjust the heading it is using.