Radar Queries

Ventus2ct

Visit site
Hi

Im after some technical advice refrence a radar system I currently have installed.

I have a Furuno 1800, which works very well, however I would like to interface the main aerial and transmitter/reciever into a PC rather than a conventional CRT display /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif......if anyone has details on this I would be very apppreciated.

If this is not possible can anyone suggest a new system with a PC interface display facility.

I am computer and comms literate so the technicalities would be appreciated.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thnx in advance /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

hightech

www.sargentmarine.com
You will need to get a Radar > PC interface card.

Nobeltec do them for the Koden/SImrad scanners, not sure about Furuno.

Maybe do a web search and see if such a card is made.

Certainly you cannot connect the scanner direct as the signals would be totally alien to your PC.

Hightech

Ventus2ct

Visit site
Thanx alot all that information is most usefull. I shall certainly explore all of thse avenues.

Steve_N...lol yes im certainly a glider pilot as well......the name was a bit to obvious ah?

It was either ventus or nimbus for a name...but the 2ct has a particular place in my heart /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again, all for the help

Vent

Steve_N

Visit site
Given it all up now for the water...

Me too. In 2000 I gave up sailing for gliding - took a trial flight and became completely hooked, then spent 4 happy years flying XC in the wave over Scotland, but have now returned to sailing. Oh to have time for both hobbies..

Ventus2ct

Visit site
I currently fly at Cranwell, but have flown mainly at Bicester and Cosford in my time.......still manage to fly especially enjoyed the wave flying at Aboyne in Scotland.....so I understand your fascination with that aspect.....lol