Radar Arch on new Rib

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I am about to buy a new bare Rib that I am going to rig completely my self. It is about 5.4 m long

In the past I have not generally been a fan of a radar arch because it causes issues when putting a cover on the rib.

Do people on here feel an arch is a good thing to have and what benefits do you feel it gives. The cost for the boat in question is about £900

macca499

Visit site
I am about to buy a new bare Rib that I am going to rig completely my self. It is about 5.4 m long

In the past I have not generally been a fan of a radar arch because it causes issues when putting a cover on the rib.

Do people on here feel an arch is a good thing to have and what benefits do you feel it gives. The cost for the boat in question is about £900
5af5630b-8b54-4c4e-ae8b-b5028858a916.jpeg
The cover for my rib has a sit on each side so it slides past the radar arch and covers the engine also. Admittedly this cover also cost around £900 but you could maybe tweak a cheaper cover similarly. £900 sounds extremely cheap for a 5.4m rib. I think a radar arch looks great and great place for nav lights, life ring and rod holders in my case

DiscoVolante

Visit site
You'll struggle to mount any nav lights, vhf etc at any reasonable height without a radar arch. Most RIBS just have covers over the console, helm and jockey seats. All over covers nearly always sag and fill up with water and mould.

PCUK

Visit site
A nice bit of stainless always enhances a boat. As to whether it is necessary is another thing. How often will you be out at night and need lights and how often will you go so far out to sea that you need a high VHF antenna? As to the cover, from your previous posts I think you could easily make your own with a bit of practise.

ashtead

Visit site
Tell me -what is a Bare rib and how much ? I have heard of Spare rib but I guess no connection . How much would be saved by a diy fit out? Curious as I would like a small rib say5-6m but am very confused at makes and prices but you clearly have a lot of Rib knowledge based on your posts/vids etc so welcome thoughts on makes - is there much difference between makes etc at this size.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
It is a brand new Rib on a brand new extreme Trailer. It includes centre console, leaning post seat, rear seat, cover and that is all for £10,000 - 11,000. Depending on a couple of things.
the £900 is for the radar arch for the boat

The reason I am rigging it myself is because I enjoy that sort of thing and I also have a suitable engine Already that sort of needs a home

PCUK

Visit site
It is a brand new Rib on a brand new extreme Trailer. It includes centre console, leaning post seat, rear seat, cover and that is all for £10,000 - 11,000. Depending on a couple of things.

The reason I am rigging it myself is because I enjoy that sort of thing and I also have a suitable engine Already that sort of needs a home
Now that makes a lot more sense!:rolleyes:

Ferris

Visit site
Some rib manufacturers (3D) have a rear arch that incorporates a folding seat which I thought was useful as you can store fuel tanks underneath or raise it out of the way if you need the deck space.

Bouba

Visit site

As a man you collects outboard motors....have you seen this thread ?
Engine that needs a boat