RACE START 21:00 hrs TONIGHT Tuesday.

Dipper

Visit site
OK. Current consensus seems to favour starting the final YBW race tonight (Tuesday) on the transatlantic record course from Boston to Plymouth. If we leave it any later we may not finish. START TIME WILL BE 21:00 hrs.

It would be helpful, but not essential, if competitors reveal who they are to make it more interesting.

If you are new to this, either hit the 'send command' button on the dot of 21:00 hrs or set a delayed command for as close to that time as you can.

Good luck all. I'll be entering.

Alistairr

Visit site
Ok, I'm in.

Can we have a list of entrants please.

Dipper=YBWDipper.
Spyro=YBW_Booby_Trapper
Alistairr=YBWAlistairr
Alistairr's SWMBO = YBWIndiana.(usually under Alistairr's command :D )

Please copy and paste, then add your name to it if you are entering, means I'll actually know who I'm racing agains't.

Cheers

Al.

Last edited:

Dipper

Visit site
Bit soon after the last one for me. I like this game, but don't really want to play it all the time. Let's have a fleet race on another course.

All the other races I have seen have been proper races with a fixed start time and once across the finish line you don't get another go. It's only this one that allows you another go so a fleet race may not be possible again for some time. :(

In the normal races, we usually have a race within a race so we will look out for you when you next register. I know what you mean about racing with SOL all the time. We sometimes need a break as well. :eek:

Elemental

Visit site
All the other races I have seen have been proper races with a fixed start time and once across the finish line you don't get another go. It's only this one that allows you another go so a fleet race may not be possible again for some time. :(

In the normal races, we usually have a race within a race so we will look out for you when you next register. I know what you mean about racing with SOL all the time. We sometimes need a break as well. :eek:
I know, but we can still all agree to compete in an interesting race. Also, there's nothing to stop us from starting an hour or two after the formal start if we wanted a bit more space...

Actually, that might be a neat feature for SOL. They could have a number of permenant courses available for use by fleets.

sarabande

Visit site
sorry everyone, missed the registration closure yesterday.

However as I am in Plymouth, I look after your drinks for you ....;)

Spyro

Visit site
I know, but we can still all agree to compete in an interesting race. Also, there's nothing to stop us from starting an hour or two after the formal start if we wanted a bit more space...

Actually, that might be a neat feature for SOL. They could have a number of permenant courses available for use by fleets.

Don't see any point in starting after everyone else, you can still search for all YBW boats, Just enter YBW in the search.

Dipper

Visit site
You need to keep alert young man. Some sneeky person is sailing YBW just over the horizon to the north. He thought we hadn't noticed.;)

puddock

Me: Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Boat: Lossiemouth
Visit site
kilroy.jpg