Problems arising....

concentrik

Visit site
......as a result of the time we spent living aboard, sailing UK to Med Spain. Now we are back in the UK and my partner is applying for a job working with children. Because we were out of the UK for six months (sailing Spain) she is required to obtain a Modelo 790 - Criminal Record Certificate - from the Spanish authorities. Trouble is, we never had an address in Spain, we were 'Transitos'. Never registered as 3 month stayers. Because we didn't stay for 3 continuous months, popping back to the UK regularly. But we were in Spain for a cumulative 6 months, hence the requirement from the employer. Any advice, please?

PlanB

Visit site
Did you keep a UK address while you were away? Can your p. backtrack and just say the absence was due to non-working rather than being in Spain?

Richard10002

Visit site
......as a result of the time we spent living aboard, sailing UK to Med Spain. Now we are back in the UK and my partner is applying for a job working with children. Because we were out of the UK for six months (sailing Spain) she is required to obtain a Modelo 790 - Criminal Record Certificate - from the Spanish authorities. Trouble is, we never had an address in Spain, we were 'Transitos'. Never registered as 3 month stayers. Because we didn't stay for 3 continuous months, popping back to the UK regularly. But we were in Spain for a cumulative 6 months, hence the requirement from the employer. Any advice, please?

Strikes me that you weren't actually "out of the UK for six months", because you kept popping back. Is it too late to correct what she has said, or can she apply elsewhere declaring the correct position, rather than the incorrect one at present.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Strikes me that you weren't actually "out of the UK for six months", because you kept popping back. Is it too late to correct what she has said, or can she apply elsewhere declaring the correct position, rather than the incorrect one at present.

I think Richard has summed it up. Declaring absence from U.K. is always a mistake, we had car insurance renewal refused once so, now always say we've been resident for 6 months p.a. All sorts of problems with declared absence such as bank accounts, right to hold an ISA, bonds, insurance and of course G.P & NH treatment.