Probably a stupid question

jcwads

Visit site
Okay it's probably a stupid question but I am going to ask.

Why doesn't Landrover BAR compete in the Fastnet?

AIDY

www.ybw.com
dont think I could cope sleeping outside and know where to make a cuppa.... she's not really an offshore boat.

nikarta would be my choice. counted 16 on the rail when she passed us in hurst narrows yesterday

Last edited:

flaming

Visit site
Assuming you mean the team on a suitable boat, and not the boat itself... then it's actually quite an interesting question.

There is a school of thought that says the world of pro sailing is too fragmented and divided. Especially when it's actually often the same sailors sailing for different teams in each event. And it's quite possible that teams such as BAR could end up as the fulcrum for sailors to sail in both inshore and offshore racing. So doing both the Volvo and the Americas cup under one banner. In a way this seems quite likely as it must be a good draw for sponsors and teams to reduce the downtime between sponsorship events and therefore income for the teams and exposure for the sponsors. The cup ended in June, the Volvo starts in September. And why not have a vendee campaign under the same roof? And an ESS campaign? Lots of advantages, the only real downside being the need to find sponsors willing to take that sort of project on.