PRM gearbox not increasing speed with rpm

Hooleymyster

Visit site
Hello, and thanks for adding me to the group. I have an issue with a PRM gearbox. It belongs to a friend of mine. The initial fault was no drive to through the gearbox. After having a look I thought the oil level was low. So this was topped up and the output shaft was now turning. However as the revs of the engine increased the shaft speed did not. Both forward and reverse have the same effect however it has a slight more pull in reverse. Looking at an online manual it suggests a fault with the oil pump and suggests replacement. Has anyone overhauled these as I have now removed it and would like to get a kit to overhaul it, or at least strip it down to prove it needs replacing.
The other suspect would be a worn clutches. As it was most likely ran with a low oil level I’m wondering what damage would be caused resulting in the symptoms. Any help much appreciated, thanks

Hooleymyster

Visit site
What model PRM.
What model PRM.
500 prm looking at similar pictures on the internet. No plate to identify found on the box
Hello, and thanks for adding me to the group. I have an issue with a PRM gearbox. It belongs to a friend of mine. The initial fault was no drive to through the gearbox. After having a look I thought the oil level was low. So this was topped up and the output shaft was now turning. However as the revs of the engine increased the shaft speed did not. Both forward and reverse have the same effect however it has a slight more pull in reverse. Looking at an online manual it suggests a fault with the oil pump and suggests replacement. Has anyone overhauled these as I have now removed it and would like to get a kit to overhaul it, or at least strip it down to prove it needs replacing.
The other suspect would be a worn clutches. As it was most likely ran with a low oil level I’m wondering what damage would be caused resulting in the symptoms. Any help much appreciated, thanks