Princess 40

ElJames

Visit site
Has any P40 owners on this forum got there boat out on the land could possibly do me a big favour and measure its length from the bow roller to the end of the bathing platform I would to find out what is necessary to modify to reach a maximum of 40feet
many thanks
Jim

P/S the 40 model with stairs to the flybridge not the ladder

Last edited:

Bajansailor

Visit site
In the links above relating to the P 40 they mention that the LOA is 41' 7" including the bow pulpit, and 40' 8" excluding the pulpit.

Are you thinking that the 'finished model' does not conform to these dimensions?

I doubt that the bow roller extends further than the forward end of the pulpit - the roller probably only has a small overhang.
But even without the roller you are still 8" over your 40' limit.
And I don't see how you can shave 8" off your swim platform too easily!

Is your marina adamant that your LOA cannot be more than 40'?

oldgit

Visit site
Frequently davits are taken into account when the marina tape measure comes out.
Took my davits off.
Not because of cost.
No need for them and they are a pain when getting into confined spaces especially on non tidal waters.

fred247

Visit site
In the links above relating to the P 40 they mention that the LOA is 41' 7" including the bow pulpit, and 40' 8" excluding the pulpit.

Are you thinking that the 'finished model' does not conform to these dimensions?

I doubt that the bow roller extends further than the forward end of the pulpit - the roller probably only has a small overhang.
But even without the roller you are still 8" over your 40' limit.
And I don't see how you can shave 8" off your swim platform too easily!

Is your marina adamant that your LOA cannot be more than 40'?
easy peasy buy a smaller boat! :D