pretty disgusting ...

grafozz

Visit site
the reference to the boat owner as being Italian was nothing more than a reference to the particular boat owner , he did not divulge his name .
The light line is a reference to a 10mm line which a local boat laid ,which is 5.5 metres so mooring line spec to suit .
it is questionable to use anything that seems to be attached to the seabed as a secure mooring for your boat when , as is normal in the Ionian , the wind pipes up in late afternoon .
The issue here is that a sailor dumped his shit in a harbour that he visited , free of charge and even took free water !
I felt moved to report him , but didnt .
it is obnoxious to commit your shit in someone else harbour and leave , as he did , the next morning .
there are tavernas nearby but main thing is WHY ARE BOATS SAILING IN GREEK / MED WATERS WITHOUT A HOLDING TANK ?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
but main thing is WHY ARE BOATS SAILING IN GREEK / MED WATERS WITHOUT A HOLDING TANK ?
Did you ask if his heads where block ?

"Why are boat sailing anywhere without Holding tank , "
because as said quite a few don't have the room to fit them and the onces that do , don't use them anyway or if they do they forget to empty then empty them in bays .
We use our in harbours and bay , the fact is I rather see no crap in the sea , but I rather see one shit then have an 50 lts tank emptied in a bay .

AndrewB

Visit site
+1

name a nationality, I can provide countless examples of very, very uneducated behaviours
Unfortunately, idiots are not confined to one nation; would it be the case, we should just ask mmmericans to bomb them and immediately get rid of all ar..holes in the world.
Oh yeah :rol!eyes:

Absolutely: bad (and good) behaviour has nothing to do with nationality. Mind you, we all love a good stereotype. This is the time of year the Italians are all fleeing back to Italy, and many of them are in an uncongenial hurry.

For those who can't fit a holding tank - carry a Porta-Potti.

Last edited:

Visit site
Absolutely: bad (and good) behaviour has nothing to do with nationality. Mind you, we all love a good stereotype. This is the time of year the Italians are all fleeing back to Italy, and many of them are in an uncongenial hurry.

For those who can't fit a holding tank - carry a Porta-Potti.

vide #15

TonyMS

www.montgomery-smith.org
Everyone has space for a flexible tank. Ours lies against the ceiling to one side of the loo. When it gets full (about 8 person days) it tends to push against the person on the loo. But, since it's above the waterline, emptying is just a question of opening 2 valves. So, we always move every 2 or 3 days to reach open water, which suits us anyway, as we like to be sailing.

TonyMS

NOHOH

Visit site
Have none of you ever heard of the `poo bag` technique?.....often used when living aboard when the boat is on the hard...and for one reason or another it is not possible to get to the onshore facilty.
Line the empty bog with a plastic shopping bag (one without holes,stupid) .Dump into that..then dispose of it responsibly later.
Simples

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Have none of you ever heard of the `poo bag` technique?.....often used when living aboard when the boat is on the hard...and for one reason or another it is not possible to get to the onshore facilty.
Line the empty bog with a plastic shopping bag (one without holes,stupid) .Dump into that..then dispose of it responsibly later.
Simples

OMG. What about all the wazz swilling about in the shopping bag? That's going to end up all over the show .... with the poo semi-dissolved in the wazz. :ambivalence:

That's gotta be the most disgusting idea ever suggested on here. :disgust:

Richard

Corsaire

Visit site
I am the master of my bladder....., I am the master of my bladder....., I am the master of my bladder....., I am the master of my bladder....., oh no no I'm not!?! Damn!