Portugal passport control recognises that I have temp residency papers

Beneteau381

Visit site
Just leaving Faro today, scan my passport and he said, do you live here, I said basically temp residency papers. He asked to see them andthen wished me good journey. So the system recognises them

nortada

Visit site
Hi Beneteau,

How did the PLF bit go? Check In required sight of everybody’s PLF, No PLF = No fly.

Absolute shambles with OAPs trying to locate it on their phones. Good tip have hard copy, much easier all round.

Since we have been back, to check we are quarantining, I have been visited twice and phoned everyday. Not that a phone call on a mobile proves anything‼️

We flew out through Faro last Friday. Just scanned passports and observed we were Portuguese residents. Wished us a good trip and a safe return to Portugal.

Never asked for or saw our residency certificate so clearly, SEA immigration software recognised us as residents from our UK passports.

Others were having their passports stamped but no suggestion of stamping ours.

All very quick, easy and efficient.

Last edited:

Visit site
We flew out through Faro last Friday. Just scanned passports and observed we were Portuguese residents. Wished us a good trip and a safe return to Portugal.

Never asked for or saw our residency certificate so clearly, SEA immigration software recognised us as residents from our UK passports.

Others were having their passports stamped but no suggestion of stamping our passports.

We must alter that before it spoils our image :)

Beneteau381

Visit site
Hi Beneteau,

How did the PLF bit go? Check In required sight of everybody’s PLF, No PLF = No fly.

Absolute shambles with OAPs trying to locate it on their phones. Good tip have hard copy, much easier all round.

Since we have been back, to check we are quarantining, I have been visited twice and phoned everyday. Not that a phone call on a mobile proves anything‼

Others were having their passports stamped but no suggestion of stamping ours.

Flew back yesterday, passport control recognised we were temp residents, he ruffled through the passport to check no stamps, asked did we live in Portugal, showed him my rezzie paper. no stamp coming out. Dante Labs thing, worked, packs here. The lateral flow test from the temp facility at Faro at €30 was ok as well. The guy at Ryanair, all he was comcerned about was the words negativo on the paper. Nobody at Manchester asked to see anything. Passports then through

nortada

Visit site
Dante Lab post arrival PCR Day 2 test result came back, Negative in a very comprehensive email on Day 4.

A friend who flew back on Saturday got an INCONCLUSIVE result from Dante. Off her own back, she contacted NHS and sent them a self-administered NHS LFT. Don’t know where she sent it.

She also advised that she intended to do the Day 8 test as planned and then go and get her hair done on Day 11.✅ Yet to get a response.

We come out of quarantine on Monday 19th. Same day as all restrictions in the UK are lifted. The latest NHS T&T checker stressed that we must remain in quarantine until midnight that day.

Even though all restrictions will have been removed, will you stay in quarantine for your full 10 days?

See numbers are still increasing across the Algarve.

greeny

Visit site
I flew into Lisbon from W Africa yesterday. Placed my residence card and passport on the desk. He ignored my Card and scanned my passport and said "You are resident". He told me that next time I should go through the EU passport desk not the "other" passport desk as I was was EU resident. No check on Covid certificate either which was a surprise.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Is the original address that is linked to your residence in Lisbon?

Yes, our official address is at Alges and I had the choice of three processing locations around Lisbon. The dates offered were only between today (14th) and 24th October but once appt is made, it can be cancelled and rescheduled for a later date, if someone has to get back to Portugal to attend.