Portsmouth Harbour temporary mooring.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
We launched daughters Pandora 700 yesterday with the intention of sailing her down to Plymouth. However the head wind yesterday and the tide about to turn foul when we were launched and almost no wind for today tomorrow and the rest of the week made us think again. (Neither of us fancied motoring 130 miles with her little outboard motor!) I’ve found a very temporary mooring but will need to move her within a few days. I need somewhere to leave her for a few days/week or so until we can jump into a better weather window.

I was hoping for a temporary RNSA mooring but they want £16 per night. Gosport boatyard say they’ll only offer an annual berth.

Any suggestions?

john_morris_uk

Am I right in thinking you and/or your daughter are Hardway SC members? If so, a week on the pontoon would only be £35. Days 8-30 would still be less than RNSA.
We both are. And I’ve emailed the mooring officer but as yet no reply. I looked for the members rates for the pontoon on the website but couldn’t see it. (Even in the members only section.)
Thank you.

Stemar

Visit site
IIRC, it's a fiver a night for the first seven nights and £11 for days 8-30. Then it gets expensive.

Just park the boat and pay when you go.

If you get to seven days with no sign of a weather window, I'm sure someone with a mooring would be willing to lend it to you for a couple of days to restart the 1-7 price (That might me, but I can't promise anything, as someone else has already asked me for this week)

john_morris_uk

IIRC, it's a fiver a night for the first seven nights and £11 for days 8-30. Then it gets expensive.

Just park the boat and pay when you go.

If you get to seven days with no sign of a weather window, I'm sure someone with a mooring would be willing to lend it to you for a couple of days to restart the 1-7 price (That might me, but I can't promise anything, as someone else has already asked me for this week)
Thanks. I’ve been in touch with the mooring officer and I think we’re sorted. If that doesn’t work, another kind Forumite has offered for us to raft up to his boat on his mooring.

Nina Lucia

Visit site
We launched daughters Pandora 700 yesterday with the intention of sailing her down to Plymouth. However the head wind yesterday and the tide about to turn foul when we were launched and almost no wind for today tomorrow and the rest of the week made us think again. (Neither of us fancied motoring 130 miles with her little outboard motor!) I’ve found a very temporary mooring but will need to move her within a few days. I need somewhere to leave her for a few days/week or so until we can jump into a better weather window.

I was hoping for a temporary RNSA mooring but they want £16 per night. Gosport boatyard say they’ll only offer an annual berth.

Any suggestions?
Try Portchester YC, they have always few moorings free