Port napoleon or port saint louis for mast off and prep for canals

kalindi

Visit site
I should arrive at the rhone estuary in about two weeks time and would like a quick prep time before entering the canal system. I will need to prepare the mast cradles, unstep the mast, get extra fenders, fender boards etc. Are the facilities, services better for this work in either port napoleon, or port saint louis? Any recommendations as to who to use? All information gratefully recieved
John

Windy_Stu

Visit site
Navy Service at Port St Louis is free to stay on quay for at least 24 hrs... i got three days free, cos I arrived Friday and mast down Monday... mast lift off 100 Euros for an hour ( plenty of time as long as u are well prepared)... the bar is quite nice, then spent a night at the marina at the end of the canal, next to the lock,.... there is a supermaket within a couple of hundred meters as well as fuel at the supermarket... then through the lock and start the long grind up the Rone :).... Port Napoleon is more like a proper marina, nice chandeliers ( I cycled there from Navy Service is about 5 mins) ... I would imagine more cash and maybe nicer showers... and prob better protection from wash...