Porlock Weir from CDYC

trapezeartist

www.littlehotels.co.uk
That sounds a fun possibility. As you Chepstowites are presumably all bilge-keelers, does that mean your plan is to go into Minehead harbour and Porlock Weir? I'd like to tag along but I have this long dangly thing on the bottom of my boat that is inclined to get caught up in things.

Visit site
When I last checked, the HM at Porlock said they couldnt accommodate l;ong gangly things. Something to do with the pool silting up but I cant remember the detailed reason.

In any case, Porlock doesnt have room for more than a few visitors so the invite isnt altogether wise.

Q

quimby

When I last checked, the HM at Porlock said they couldnt accommodate l;ong gangly things. Something to do with the pool silting up but I cant remember the detailed reason.

In any case, Porlock doesnt have room for more than a few visitors so the invite isnt altogether wise.

More than enough room! You trying to keep it quiet?

Last edited:
Q

quimby

Looks excellent fun. But I would be nervous-cautious about Porlock in anything bigger than the dinghy.

Pah! try the Shoots! Or Lydney then again, up the Wye to Chepstow!

Visit site
More than enough room! You trying to keep it quiet?

No but then I was a member of CDYC when we could get 8 boats to somewhere like Porlock or even May Day in Padstow.

I dont think you will get large numbers going but now that Porlock have put permanent boats on the end three moorings that used to be kept for visitors you will struggle if you do get more than a handful.

Q

quimby

No but then I was a member of CDYC when we could get 8 boats to somewhere like Porlock or even May Day in Padstow.

I dont think you will get large numbers going but now that Porlock have put permanent boats on the end three moorings that used to be kept for visitors you will struggle if you do get more than a handful.

Will be getting update HM before sailing.